Job Identification : 8653
Locations : Minsk, Belarus
Posting Date : 02/23/2023, 11:26 AM
Apply Before : 03/12/2023, 10:25 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : G6
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Practice Area : Crisis management / Country Management Support
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience OR High School certificate- 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages : Fluency in English and Russian
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Climate Change, Energy, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction Unit is one of UNDP in Belarus divisions and works in fields of biodiversity conservation, combating land degradation and climate change, renewable energy, “green” economy and urban development, education, water resources management, chemicals and waste management, with a focus on natural solutions for sustainable human development. Portfolio puts significant efforts to assist the country in planning and implementing actions to tackle climate change, in developing the national policy framework and legislation to promote green and smart cities, protection and sustainable use of biological resources, increase of energy efficiency.
Under the overall guidance of the Deputy Resident Representative and direct supervision of the Programme Analyst the Programme Associate ensures effective delivery of the CO programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information. The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the CO including improved business results and client services. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Programme Unit and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation
Summary of Key Functions:
Support to formulation of programme strategies and implementation of the Country Programme Action Plan focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of CCA, UNDAF, CPD, CPAP, effective application of RBM tools and establishment of management targets (BSC);
- Presentation of background information for formulation of country programme, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
Support to management of the CO programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of a project in Quantum, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project and output status in Quantum determination of unutilized funds, operational closure of a project;
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects;
- Presentation of information for audit of NEX projects, supports implementation of audit recommendations;
- Assist to the Programme Analyst to analyze the situation in portfolio, identify the operational and financial problems and assist in suggesting the possible solutions.
Provides administrative support to the Programme Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of NEX projects Financial Reports; preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects;.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Quantum;
- Preparation of inputs for drafting donors’ reports and various letters to support projects implementation; database maintenance on donor reporting requirements and follow up with Projects to ensure timely submissions
- Creation of requisitions in Quantum for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas/ Quantum.
Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile;
- Tracking and reporting on mobilized resources for Climate Change, Energy, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction programme. Review and follow up of contributions agreement, managing contributions inQuantum;
- Assisting in drafting donor proposals (workplans, budgets).
Supports to gender equality and women’s empowerment in implementation of Climate Change, Energy, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support gender mainstreaming in the implementation of Climate Change, Energy, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction programme;
- Support the institutional and technical capacity of the portfolio team and stakeholders on gender responsive programming;
- Ensure coordination with the gender focal points to dedicate and keep track of the required gender reporting.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the projects staff/ operations on programme;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Perform other duties within your functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office.
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination
LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner:
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion:
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Ability to develop solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process
Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus on improved performance and demonstrable results
Working with Evidence and Data
Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
2030 Agenda/ People: Health
Access to treatment and services
Understanding and practical experience of issues related to health, social determinants of health and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations.
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
2030 Agenda/ People:
Gender Mainstreaming in projects of Climate Change, Energy, Environment and Disaster Risk Reduction portfolio
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education
- Specialized certification in Accounting and Finance is an asset
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences or any other relevant field is desirable.
- Minimum 6 years (with secondary education) and 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Experience in the UN/UNDP or any other development programme/ project is an asset.
- Language requirements: Fluent English and Russian
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders)
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.