Job Identification : 8768
Locations : Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posting Date : 02/24/2023, 03:07 PM
Apply Before : 03/11/2023, 04:59 AM
Degree Level : Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NB4
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Nature, Climate and Energy
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree
Other Criteria : Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience can be considered in lieu of Master`s degree
Required Languages : English, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian language
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
Job Category : Management
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The GCF Funded Climate Change Mitigation Project “Scaling-up Investment in Low-Carbon Public Buildings” aims to overcome barriers to investment in low-carbon retrofits of public buildings by addressing country and sector-specific investment risks, as follows: Output 1 will provide technical assistance (TA) to public and private sector stakeholders at municipal, cantonal, entity and national level in BiH to help address non-financial barriers, and to create conducive policies, regulations and capacities for implementation of the National Investment Framework for Low-Carbon Public Buildings.
Output 2 will facilitate implementation of the National Investment Framework for Low-Carbon Public Buildings, including the required investment support to improve risk-return profiles and to bring prospective low-carbon building projects to financial close.
Overall, the project will result in a direct reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions of 2,02 million tCO2e over the lifetime of the investments enabled, at a cost to the GCF of US$ 9/tCO2e. Additionally, significant indirect emissions can be expected: 7.1 – 8.1 million tons of CO2 reduction due to the project enabled market transformation – yielding a total estimated cost per ton of CO2 reduced to US $1.8. The project will also directly benefit 150,000 people – occupants and users of public buildings (4% of the total population), including 80,000 women, and will lead to creation of over 5,630 new full-time equivalent (FTE) jobs.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Analyst will support the implementation of the “Scaling-up Investment in Low-Carbon Public Buildings” Project funded by Green Climate Fund (GCF). The Project Analyst will provide support in the implementation of the different project activities, that are coherent with the project framework. Project Analyst will support and closely coordinate with Project Associate regarding day-to-day implementation of project’s activities in BiH and contribute to smooth collaboration with Responsible Parties (MoFTER, EF FBiH, EF RS, FMPU, MPUGERS) in delivery of project’s and other planned outputs. In addition, the Project Analyst will be responsible for tracking M&E indicators and overall reporting to GCF/UNDP. Project Analyst will also support overall direction, development and oversight of work-plans, operational management, financial management, partnership collaboration and coordination, and regular reporting on activities in accordance with the relevant project document.
Duties and Responsibilities
Contributing to the overall implementation of Project activities and workplans:
- Support Project Manager in supervising and ensuring the timely implementation of the project activities as scheduled in the work plan.
- Preparing a detailed work plan for the project in cooperation with Project Manager and in consultation with the Project Board.
- Providing guidance and reviews of technical specifications of project outputs and activities.
- Supervising consultants and subcontractors engaged in delivering aspects of the project’s work plans.
- Organizing and coordinating project activities such as workshops, studies and publications, subcontracts, equipment, and administrative support.
- Encouraging shared learning with national partners.
- Supporting Project Manager in ensuring that the Project produces the outcomes at the required standards and within the specified cost and time limits.
- Supporting tender processes necessary for the implementation of the project activities.
- Coordinating the field activities among beneficiaries, consultants, services/goods providers, and others.
- Identifying and ensuring synergy with other relevant ongoing/new projects.
Providing technical advice and support to the implementation of the Project activities:
- In cooperation with Project Manager develops the scope of the work and TORs and other procurement documentation required to identify and facilitate recruitment of experts and consultants.
- Co-developing relevant policy briefs, lessons learned documents, communication materials, website updates, and other relevant publications.
- Providing advice related to the project processes to the UNDP project team.
Monitoring of project implementation and reporting of the overall Project activities:
- Monitoring implementation of the project activities.
- Ensuring close coordination with project partners regarding field visits and overall tracking of M&E indicators.
- Coordinating and implementing the Monitoring and Evaluation framework of the Project.
- Proposing, developing, and implementing changes and/or new solutions for the Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
- Liaising with other UNDP projects and other relevant partners (including, but not limited to consultants, assistants, LG representative) in the field to ensure coordinated implementation of the activities related to Monitoring and Evaluation process within the Project.
- Assessing all results and reports of existing Monitoring and Evaluation framework.
- Carrying out regular follow-up and monitoring of implementation activities.
- Carrying out regular monitoring and reporting on risk and mitigation measures.
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of required reports, including technical and financial reports to relevant parties as well as bi-annual progress and expenditure reports, per the requirements of the donors.
- Providing regular updates on the Project’s progress to key stakeholders according to the communication plan.
- Conducting regular field monitoring visits in line with project plans (administrative, technical, and financial monitoring) and actively communicate any relevant information to the Project Manager.
- Collecting all relevant financial and other documentation, and control accuracy of reports on the expenditure of the funds.
- Keeping risk and issue logs based on the information acquired on the field.
- Providing regular progress reports regarding tracking of M&E indicators.
Supporting gender equality mainstreaming:
- Supporting the Project Manager in ensuring gender mainstreaming throughout project implementation, as well as in ensuring gender sensitive work plans, budgets, reports, research, and analyses.
- Ensuring that all data when collected and compiled are gender and age disaggregated and evaluated from a gender point of view.
- Ensuring knowledge on gender equality is incorporated in Project knowledge management activities and products.
The incumbent will report to the Project Manager, as part of the UNDP Energy and Environment Sector. The incumbent will be based in UNDP BiH office in Sarajevo.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Business direction and strategy – Strategic thinking:
- Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions
- Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP
- Business direction and strategy – System Thinking:
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgement to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
- Business direction and strategy – Effective Decision Making:
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
- Business development – Knowledge Generation:
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
- Business development – Human-centered Design:
- Ability to develop solutions to problems by involving the human perspective in all steps of the problem-solving process
- Digital and Innovation Management – Tech Literacy:
- Ability to apply new digital tools or adapting their original use to create new insights, fresh perspectives or develop solutions. Understand the potential as well as the limitations of certain technological developments; being able to identify how technology can add value when it’s used as a “means to an end”
- Digital and Innovation Management – Data analysis:
- Ability to extract, analyse and visualize data (including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
- Experience in working with UN.
- Excellent understanding of energy and environmental sector in BiH.
- Knowledge/understanding of energy environment and relevant EU directives.
- Excellent computer skills (especially Microsoft Office applications).
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, management, economics or related studies.
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with 2 years of qualifying experience can be taken into consideration in lieu of Master`s degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in ministries, national or local institutions.
- Experience in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and networking.
- Experience in conducting strategic documents, action plans and financing mechanisms in fields of project implementation, project monitoring and reporting.
- Fluency in English, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian languages.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.