Terrain Park Crew
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Terrain Park Crew participates in the daily operation and maintenance of the terrain parks and halfpipe. You will help to design, build and maintain Terrain Park features as well as work on exciting major events. Think – the A La Carte in the Park Series, Slopestly, Banked Slalom, Freestyle events or Boarder/Skier Cross.
In addition to setting up and breaking down features for events, the Terrain Park Crew encourages and maintains outstanding guest relations to all park users of various skiing and riding abilities by promoting safety awareness and educating on Terrain Park etiquette.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Perform daily maintenance including raking, shovelling, salting and setting up/breaking down banners, flags, signage and fencing
- Complete daily inspections on every park and feature
- Test features and assess risk and liability
- Educates Terrain Park users and promotes terrain park etiquette
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- The ability to build and maintain terrain park features in the park and terrain-based learning areas
- Advanced skiing or snowboarding skills
- Some park riding experience
- Mechanical or machinery knowledge
- A willingness to work outdoors, in all weather conditions
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at [email protected].
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.