Snowsports – Uncertified Instructors
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think world class instructor training, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
As a newly certified Snowsports Instructor you will provide safe and exciting lessons, so our guests have an exceptional experience. Learn amongst the best to deliver quality education, achieve customer excellence and develop your skills every day. Share your passion, make lifelong friendships and experience Australian snowsports at its best.
In a typical day in this role, you will:
- Provide safe, fun and engaging snowsports lessons to a variety of guests.
- Facilitate quality learning experiences and deliver world-class customer service.
- Actively participate as a member of a diverse team and provide support to your team and other departments where needed.
- Navigate an active an exhilarating workplace and participate in professional development opportunities
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Practiced Intermediate to Advanced Skiing ability to be able to ski in all conditions – Please see our Snowsports ability description below.
- Previous experience teaching or coaching children in another sport or activity (desirable).
- Excellent guest service and communication skills, including conversational in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written).
- Positive attitude and a willingness to be proactive and highly adaptable with dynamic workplace duties.
- The ability to instruct in inclement weather as required, sustain quality health and fitness through your employment.
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Offers for these positions will begin to be sent out from late February.
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Snowsports Ability Description
Beginner – A skier/snowboarder learning for the first time, starting to link turns or beginning to navigate easy intermediate terrain (not quite parallel turns for skiers).
Intermediate – A skier/snowboarder who is confident and able to navigate intermediate terrain consistently linking turns (parallel turns for skiers).
Advanced Intermediate – A skier/snowboarder who athletically rides steep intermediate and advance terrain, with dynamic carved turns in a variety of turns shapes.
Advanced – An experienced skier/snowboarder who conquers any challenge on the mountain, with the ability to ride all types of advance terrain with ease, including black runs, off-piste, icey and bumpy conditions.
Our Snowsports team are employed based on either unlimited or limited availability. You will be able to let us know in your application which option best suits you.
Unlimited availability applicants must be able to commit to working up to 6 days per week for the duration of the winter season. Limited availability applicants must be able to commit to working for the school holidays and specified weekends on arrangement with the Snowsports school.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants with unlimited availability. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information. Successful applicants with limited availability will not be eligible for staff accommodation.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at [email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.