Building Maintenance Assistant
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Our Building Maintenance team forms part of our property operations team which includes building services and snow clearers. In this role successful candidates will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and upgrades of all building assets including workshops, offices, staff accommodation, lift huts, retail and rental locations. You will encounter a wide variety of property issues such as carpentry and general property repairs, basic plumbing, gas and heating issues, and furniture and appliance installation. You will also assist with body corporate and snow clearing duties.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Carry out repairs and maintenance to company assets as required, keeping assets in good, safe order by repairs, observations, cleaning, etc.
- Ensure all work requests are attended to promptly and efficiently
- Assist in completion of capital works as required
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant Company and statutory body policies, procedures, codes, regulations, etc.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Previous maintenance experience
- A current unrestricted manual driver’s licence
- Confidence driving in snow and icy conditions
- A minimum level of physical fitness; be able to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, hear, see, undertake repetitive motions and carry as needed
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at [email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.