About the position
About our Technical Support Consulting opportunity:
- Want to grow your career in IT with your excellent customer service and IT skills?
- Do you enjoy solving technology challenges?
- How about in a well-established and mature Australian software development and vendor company with more than 1500 clients and nearly 500 staff?
- Support and collaboration with your team-mates? We’re a friendly bunch.
- Hybrid Work Arrangement: find some flexibility in your working week in consultation with your team (the best of both worlds!)
This Technical Support Consultant role will allow you to develop your career to the next stage.
Where you’d be working:
Our Technical Support Consultants work in each Pronto Software state office. This role is in support of our Brisbane branch for our internal customers, as well as working collaboratively with the national Corporate IT team.
What you’d be doing (your day will look like this):
Technical Support Consultants provide technical support/system administration for hardware, applications, networks, databases and related operating systems internally.
Your problem-solving and communication skills, together with initiative and willingness to learn will assist you in succeeding in this role to:
- Resolving reported user and hardware issues
- Analyse and troubleshoot to minimise the business impacts of technology issues
- Administer Microsoft operating systems and applications and system administration within a Microsoft environment
- Document processes for Pronto Software staff ongoing reference
- Purchasing, configuring, deploying new hardware as well as coordinating hardware warranty repairs where required
- Server administration and updates for VMWare ESX servers and SANs
We’re looking for new a Technical Support Consultant who has:
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Organisation and time-management abilities – manage multiple tasks occurring over a number of assignments
- Ability to take ownership of problems, find effective and reliable solutions, manage priorities and work autonomously when required
- Understanding of network administration, WAN/LAN and remote communication issues
- Knowledge and expertise in end user computer hardware and software
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft operating systems and applications with some understanding of Linux systems
- Knowledge and expertise of System Administration within a Microsoft environment
- Knowledge and experience with Virtualisation using VMware
- A flexible, positive, “can do” attitude with a willingness to adapt and learn new technologies as required
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
To enjoy being a Pronto Software Technical Support Consultant you’d need to have:
- Experience in this type of role or similar
- Methodical thinking
- Demonstrated the motivation to handle the daily challenges of a varied role
- Diagnostic and problem resolution skills
- Ability to show initiative
What you will get:
- Earn a salary commensurate with your experience plus a range of employee benefits
- Work in a modern, dynamic and friendly team environment
- Enjoy the support of peers and your management team
- A hybrid working environment (split your week, flexible location arrangements)
- The ability to develop your career and experience
Note: Our employees need to undergo a Police Check
Apply now through Seek, please include a brief letter of application and your CV.
More about Pronto Software:
We are an Australian developer of award-winning business management and analytics solutions. Pronto Xi, our ERP software, integrates accounting, operational and mobile features in a single system – optimising business processes and unlocking actionable insights. Over 1,500 organisations have leveraged our industry experience and innovation to increase growth and revenue.
We have an enviable reputation for employee loyalty and service. Pronto Software survey our staff every year, and we’re proud we have a very high percentage (high 90’s) of staff who agree to that:
- They are proud to work at Pronto Software and are passionate about the work they do
- Staff and managers choose to have a professional and positive attitude
- Pronto Software tries to achieve the best outcomes for customers and staff
- Pronto is generous and giving to the community
- Staff would recommend Pronto Software as a great place to work
To apply for this role, please click on the link below and email us a letter of application, clearly stating why the skills and experience you have meets the responsibilities of this role, along with a copy of your resume.
Please note: Pronto Software does not use external recruitment services and only acknowledges the accuracy of adverts appearing on seek.com.au or the Pronto Careers page on pronto.net