Utilise your reception and administration skills to support a federal agency focused on enhancing the lives of Australians with significant and permanent disabilities, along with their families and caregivers. HOBAN is seeking a talented Participation Support Officer to assist our client at their Brisbane CBD branch. This is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference through your work.
- $37+ Per hour, + superannuation
- Brisbane CBD, Queensland
- Providing exceptional customer service via both front and back of house reception.
About the team
The Complex Support Needs Branch provides specialised support for people with disability with additional complexity due to situational and personal factors. Roles within the branch may sit within the following teams:
- Complex Support Needs Pathway: Intensive support and planning to stabilise participant circumstances.
- Short Term Response: Intensive, time-sensitive support over 16 weeks for early stabilisation.
- Children and Young People: Early intervention for kids with significant disabilities to stay in family homes, approved by NDIA and relevant authorities.
- Justice Planning: Aids participants in the justice system to ensure proper disability support in custody and successful community transition.
- Justice Liaison: National team aiding stakeholders for disability support in custody and transitioning to the community.
- Operations: Supports branch with workforce planning, staff onboarding, national planning support, and managing escalations.
About the role
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Fulltime hours, M – F, 8:30 – 5:30pm, office-based position.
- Managing and resolving participant matters by actioning planning tasks as per the Act.
- Providing counter/reception support for the local office including participant enquiries in the self-help kiosks and online support.
- Resolving customer enquiries, providing information and/or referring customers to appropriate government or community services.
- Managing the team shared email inbox, appointments and telephone enquiries.
- Coordinating appointments with the use of Agency office facilities and ensuring facilities are accessible for participants.
- Undertaking research and investigation activities and preparing associated reports and correspondence.
- Undertaking a range of data entry activities and ensuring follow up is completed.
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- Previous experience in administration is mandatory
- Has understanding and empathy towards people with a disability
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Excellent customer service skills
Upon selection, successful candidates will become temporary employees with HOBAN Recruitment, and on-hired to our client.
If this role is of interest to you and you meet the above requirement please apply through this ad with your current resume AND cover letter outlining your experience, please note this role closes on Thursday 8th of Feb 2024. Only suitable applicants will be contacted.
At HOBAN we embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all backgrounds.
We provide reasonable adjustments; including alternate formats to the recruitment process for individuals with disability. If you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process, please email [email protected] or visit hoban.com.au/adjustments.