Join our client as they steer their Food Division, comprising a supermarket and café, towards new horizons! We’re looking for a visionary leader to oversee the operations, collaborate with the CEO and Executive team in charting a strategic course, and inspire their teams towards sustained success.
About the Company & Role
Our Client is a staple in their community with a rich history and includes businesses spanning trade, home, lifestyle and food.
This vacancy leads the Food division covering a large supermarket operation and includes a Cafe
– Directly reports to the CEO.
– Lead and guide: Fresh Food Manager, Customer and Systems Manager, Grocery, Dairy, Frozen Manager and indirect reports 200+
- Strategic: Work alongside the CEO in defining and executing the supermarket strategy, identifying long-term trends, and ensuring effective communication across all functions working towards a shared goal.
- People Leadership: Cultivate a culture of positivity and empowerment, emphasising support, customer focus, team cohesiveness, safety, and adherence to workplace legislation and policies.
- Exceptional Execution: Prioritise exceptional customer experience, and oversee store ambience, presentation, and day-to-day operations together with your leadership team.
- Finance & Governance: Total accountability for commercial targets, participate in annual budget preparations, monitor expenses, and guarantee compliance with regulations.
- Marketing: Collaborate with the Marketing team, ensure efficient campaigns, and plan in-store promotions.
- Values and Behaviours: Champion and embody the core values – Community, Working Together, Excellence, Forward Thinking, and Ethical.
- Workplace Health & Safety: Ensure a safe environment, report any hazards, and practice safe work habits.
- Authority: Approve processes, represent the business externally, manage performance, and other relevant duties as required
- A rich history of successfully leading large businesses at an executive level with proven experience delivering commercial outcomes
- Strong retail acumen, knowledge of business systems, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and multitasking.
- People first leader with a capacity to mentor, motivate and empower with well-developed influencing and advocacy skills
- Experience with inventory, planning, buying, managing, merchandising and more
- Relationship focussed, able to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Warm, empathetic and have good humour. Self-starting and highly motivated.
Note: The role requires flexible availability, including early mornings, days, late nights, and weekends.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in collaboration with a driven and dedicated Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Salary paid on experience, up to $130K base
- Ability to own this part of the business and champion growth strategies
- Be a part of a close-knit community
If you’re a forward-thinking leader, with a rich background in retail, eager to make a positive impact and drive a team towards shared success, this is your opportunity. Join our Client and play a pivotal role in the future of our Food Division!
Recruiter: Dannielle Zwirek | Reference: 199235
To apply online, please click on the apply button.
Alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Dannielle Zwirek on 0426 077 694 quoting the reference number above.
Note: Not all our current vacancies are listed on job boards. Check out our Frontline Retail website for a complete listing