We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Early Years Teacher to join our team and take charge of the education and development of children aged 2-3 years old, using the British Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supervising the Early Years division, encompassing children aged 1-5 years old, ensuring academic excellence, and fostering a nurturing and stimulating environment for young learners.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Curriculum Implementation: Design, plan, and implement age-appropriate lessons and activities based on the British EYFS curriculum, tailored to the needs and interests of 2-3 year olds.
- Classroom Management: Create a safe, inclusive, and engaging learning environment, maintaining discipline, and managing the daily routines of the classroom effectively.
- Supervision: Oversee the academic progress, well-being, and development of children in the Early Years division (ages 1-5), ensuring that educational goals are met.
- Individualized Learning: Differentiate instruction to cater to the unique learning styles and abilities of each child, providing support and challenges as needed.
- Assessment and Progress Monitoring: Regularly assess and document children’s progress, maintaining accurate records, and communicating with parents/guardians about their child’s development.
- Parental Engagement: Foster positive relationships with parents/guardians, conducting parent-teacher meetings and providing feedback on children’s academic and social development.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with colleagues, including other teachers and support staff, to create a cohesive and enriching educational environment.
- Continuous Professional Development: Stay updated on best practices in Early Years education, attend relevant training, and participate in professional development activities.
- Health and Safety: Ensure the safety and well-being of all children in the Early Years division, adhering to health and safety guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education
- Minimum of five years of experience as an Early Years Teacher, with a proven track record of success.
- Strong understanding of the British EYFS curriculum.
- Excellent classroom management and communication skills.
- Passion for working with young children and a dedication to their holistic development.
- Strong IT skills (Basic computer literacy, proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace)
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Supervisory experience of 10 employees+ preferred