We are looking for a Female Headteacher/Principal to join our team and foster a healthy learning environment for our students. Your primary responsibilities will be to supervise our education staff and oversee day-to-day school operations. To succeed in this role, you should be able to make quick decisions under pressure and comprehensively understand the national education system and its regulations. Excellent communication and organizational abilities are essential skills you should demonstrate as a principal. If you meet these requirements and you’re passionate about a leadership role in education, we’d like to meet you.
- Oversee day-to-day school operations.
- Set learning goals for students and teachers based on national curricula.
- Monitor and report on teacher performance
- Present data from school performance to board members
- Research new resources and techniques to improve teaching.
- Interview and hire school personnel.
- Review and implement school policies.
- Provide guidance and counselling to teachers.
- Handle emergencies and school crises
- Organize school events and assemblies.
- Ensure a safe and clean environment for students (e.g., implementing hygiene rules)
- Attend conferences to gain knowledge on current educational trends.
- Overall Principal Responsibilities include:
- Setting performance objectives for students and teachers
- Implementing and monitoring school policies and safety protocols
- Overviewing administrative tasks (e.g., updating employee records)
- When building your own school principal job description, be sure to tailor these responsibilities to your specific needs.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Previous experience as a principal or in a similar role
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems
- Attention to detail
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Crisis management
- Ability to coach and inspire.
- A teaching license is preferred.
- Degree in Education; master’s degree is a plus.
- Must be a resident in or around Kasoa.