Supply officer – casual opportunity – Calvary Hospital, Hobart
We are looking for a Supply Officer to join our team on a casual basis. The successful applicant will be provided with training to work in a medical warehouse environment across both Lenah Valley and St John’s hospital.
- Make a difference at one of Australia’s leading health care providers
- Generous salary packaging benefits, ongoing professional development and supportive team environment
- Casual shifts to suit your lifestyle
About the role
Calvary Hobart is seeking a friendly and welcoming person to join our Supply Department. We deliver supplies to Theatres, Wards and Administration areas for Lenah Valley hospital.
The Supply Officer is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the supply function including receiving goods, checking and replenishing ward imprest stores and preparation of outgoing orders.
- Knowledge of supply chain logistics and medical warehouse experience is desired but not essential
- Knowledge of warehousing software and general Microsoft applications but not essential
- Ensure a high standard of internal and external customer service in all areas
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work both within a team environment and autonomously
- Comply with relevant Calvary work health and safety policies, procedures, work instructions and requests
- A desire to join a team committed to the care of others in a mission based organisation
For further information please contact Leigh Wilson, Supply Manager on [email protected]
Please note, application deadline is 23/02/24.
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 public and private hospitals, 72 Residential care and retirement communities and 19 Community care centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work at Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours, training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, apply now!