Leisure & Activities Officer – Aged Care
- Progress with purpose at one of Australia’s largest health care providers
- Salary packaging and professional development in a supportive team environment
- Permanent part time role offering 24 hours per fortnight with strong potential for increased hours
About the role
As a Leisure and Activities Officer you will ensure the design, development and implementation of special programs to meet the needs of our residents.
This is a diverse and exciting role that will allow you to use your amazing communication skills to;
- Develop and conduct programs tailored to individualized needs
- Participate in the organisation of functions
- Assess, develop and review care plans for resident’s activities and
- Encourage residents towards a higher quality of life through participation of meaningful activities
What you bring:
- Certificate Level IV in Leisure & Health or other relevant qualification
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Experience in the planning, implementation and evaluation of activities and programmes for frail people with cognitive impairment and other disabilities.
- A desire to join a team committed to the care of others
- NFP salary packaging benefits, discounted health insurance and gym memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Training, development pathways and career opportunities
- Flexible hours that make sense for you
Why work for Calvary?
At Calvary, our staff matter.
Join our team, learn with purpose and drive positive impact in one of Australia’s largest healthcare providers across Public and Private Hospitals, Residential Aged Care and Home Care.
With over 130 years’ experience and 18,000 staff and volunteers, we offer an inclusive and welcoming culture where you are valued, drawing on your own strengths, identity and background alongside a team of professionals who care for our patients, residents and clients.
Apply now to start your career in an organisation that is making a positive difference in the community.
Please note the following:
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete pre-employment checks which may include, but is not limited to reference checks, work rights, criminal history check, NDIS/WWCC/WWVP checks, and a health evaluation to ensure suitability for the role
- You will also be required to provide evidence of immunisation as required for your role including COVID-19, influenza and tuberculosis screening