Home Support Officers – Calvary Aged Care
- Progress with purpose at one of Australia’s largest health care providers
- Salary packaging, benefits and professional development in a supportive team environment
- Permanent Full-Time & Part-time positions available!
About the role
The primary responsibility is to support the Home Manager in day-to-day administrative tasks, ensuring the smooth delivery of customer care. The role involves being the first point of contact for clients, residents, and staff, with a focus on providing courteous reception and administrative support.
If you pride yourself on your outstanding administration and communication abilities, enjoy a friendly and culturally diverse environment and have a great attitude then we want to hear from you!
Your main duties will include:
- Ensure clear and timely administrative activities to support customer care
- Facilitate communication with residents, their representatives, and other stakeholders regarding office administration requirements
- Reception duties, including answering phones, greeting visitors/contractors, and managing appointments
- Assist with walk-in inquiries and record them appropriately.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to providing high-quality customer service and a genuine interest in the elderly.
- Attention to detail, multitasking abilities, and effective time management skills.
- Proficiency in contemporary IT applications and platforms (MS Office, Teams, etc.), with a willingness to learn new ones.
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in aged /health care
- Rostering and payroll experience using Kronos
- Qualifications in Administration
Why work for Calvary?
At Calvary, our staff matter.
With over 130 years’ experience and 18,000 staff and volunteers, we offer an inclusive and welcoming culture where you are valued, drawing on your own strengths, identity and background alongside a team of professionals who care for our patients, residents and clients.
- NFP salary packaging benefits, discounted health insurance and gym memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Training, development pathways and career opportunities
- Flexible hours that make sense for you
As we serve the community across Home, Virtual and Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and Hospitals, one thing sets us apart. Care from the heart. If this sounds like you, apply for a role with Calvary today.
Please note the following:
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete pre-employment checks which may include, but is not limited to reference checks, work rights, criminal history check, NDIS/WWCC/WWVP checks, and a health evaluation to ensure suitability for the role
- You will be required to provide evidence of immunisation as required for your role including COVID-19, influenza, tuberculosis screening, hepatitis, diphtheria, tetanus, varicella