Specialist in software design and development for the National System of Greenhouse Gas Inventories ( SINGEI )
Job advertisement : May 2, 2023
Publication cancellation date : May 16, 2023, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FLECU
Job type : Temporary work
Requirement Type: NPP ( National Project Personnel )
Grade Level: N / A
Main location : Ecuador-Quito
Duration: 2 renewable months after evaluation
Position Number: N / A
FAO seeks to ensure gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and its international consultants, in order to serve the Member States of the Organization in the best possible way in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of sex, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of under-represented or under-represented Member States and persons with disabilities with the necessary qualifications are encouraged to submit their applications.
- All persons working for FAO must comply with the highest standards of professional integrity and conduct and uphold FAO’s values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a zero tolerance policy for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The post is located in the city of Quito, Ecuador
Under the direct supervision of the FAO Representative in Ecuador, the LTO ( Leading Technical Officer ), the coordination of the FAO PROAmazon project, and in collaboration with Component 4 of PROAmazon, and MAATE, the Specialist will be responsible for: Field of specialization
Design, develop and validate the modules of the National System of Greenhouse Gas Inventories ( SINGEI ), corresponding to the USCUSS sector.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Preparation of a general work plan for the activities to be carried out during the period of this contract.
- Develop the SINGEI supplier entry and administrator modules related to the UTCUTS sector, based on functional design, interface and user experience previously validated by the Undersecretariat for Climate Change of the Ministry of the Environment, Water and Ecological Transition.
- Carry out the analysis, design and implementation of interoperability protocols for the collection of base data for the calculation of emissions generated in the USCUSS sector, using the previous documentation generated by component 4 of PROAmazon and the FAO PROAmazon project.
- Articulate with the Undersecretariat for Climate Change and SITEAA and / or the Directorate of Information and Communication Technologies for the generation of the documentation required for the implementation of SINGEI. This documentation will be carried out based on the scope of the automation carried out by the FAO PROAmazon project and must subsequently be complemented by the team responsible for developing the modules in the Agriculture sectors, Waste, Energy and Industrial Processes and Product Use, prior to its presentation and validation to SUIA and / or the Directorate of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Apply industry policy, procedures, instructions, and good practices for change control, software development, quality assurance, help desk, knowledge management, project management issued by SITEAA, for the design, development and implementation of the required tool.
- Develop functionality tests of the SINGEI modules developed, with the participation of technician ( a ) s from the Undersecretariat for Climate Change, FAO PROAmazon, SITEAA and Directorate of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Plan, organize and develop capacity-building days for the use and administration of the SINGEI modules developed, to the different dependencies of the Ministry of the Environment, Water and Ecological Transition and other public-private institutions that provide information for the UTCUTS sector.
- Deliver the programming code and documentation generated to those responsible for the development of SINGEI modules related to the Agriculture, Waste, Energy and Industrial Processes and Use of Products and / or the Undersecretariat for Climate Change, as well as providing the technical assistance required to facilitate the correct integration of all SINGEI modules.
- Follow up on quality tests and production changes of previously developed SINGEI modules, including the development of changes that are required to resolve the observations made by SITEAA.
- Articulate activities and tasks with the FAO PROAmazon team and the counterparts and implementing partners of this Program as appropriate.
- Other activities required within the framework of the project needs and the representation of FAO Ecuador.
- Prepare blogs, monthly plans and reports within the deadlines established by FAO.
- Generate a file with all the supporting documentation related to all the activities carried out within the framework of this consultancy ( acts, trades, reports, etc. )
THE CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUED IN ARRANGE TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Professional with a third level degree in Systems Engineering, Software Development Engineering or systems and computing related careers.
- Demonstrated work experience of at least 3 years in software analysis and development.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 2 years in software development with Java EE.
- Practical knowledge of Spanish level C
- National of Ecuador
FAO core competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge exchange and continuous improvement
Technical / functional skills
- Knowledge of SQL, management and structure of POSTGRES databases
- Desirable professional experience in managing documentary managers ( preferably Alfresco ).
- Desirable experience using the Jboss application server.
- Desirable work experience in software development projects in the public sector.
- Desirable experience in systematizing reports and processes.
- Demonstrated skills to work under pressure and present results with high quality standards
- Coordination capacity, teamwork and conflict management
- Capacity in systematization of experiences and processes.
- Full-time and office presence work availability
- Availability to travel to the project intervention provinces
- Support documents work experience.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process ( application, interview, processing ).
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. If you need help or have questions, contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the expiration of the application deadline will not be accepted.
- We inform you that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from a teaching institution included in the World Database on Higher Education, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities ( IAU ) / UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO website on employment: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/ .
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
PRESENTATION OF REQUESTMENTS
- If you want to apply, go to the FAO Recruitment Website ( Employment in FAO ) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be taken into account. Only applications received through the contracting portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to submit their application sufficiently in advance of the expiration of the term.