We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Australian Munitions
Part of Thales Australia, Australian Munitions is the largest domestic manufacturer of explosive ordnance to the Australian Defence Force, with a successful track record delivering ammunition, propellants, explosives and related services, including acid production and industrial waste treatment to Defence and commercial markets.
Join Thales Australia’s Dynamic Team as a Senior Purchasing Officer!
- Lead a team that supports the procurement of goods or services to our munitions manufacturing operation.
- Report to the Supply Chain Manager and support our operations in Benalla and Mulwala.
- Liaise with sales and production leaders to consult with accurate availability and lead times for products sourced within Australia and Overseas.
- Thales promotes careers for those who want to be life-long learners – in-house and external training for future growth and development on offer.
- Join a community of employees who relocated to the region to take advantage of the opportunities the area brings, i.e., rural lifestyle, community groups, schools, and Lake Mulwala for various water sports. As well as local football, hockey, golf, cricket and tennis clubs etc.
- On-site café an opportunity to join a thriving social club that gathers for social events throughout the year
What Success Looks Like:
This role will oversee a purchasing portfolio exceeding $50 million per annum and focus on how Thales provides value to customers, strengthening our ability to meet the service levels expected by internal and external customers. We receive demands by requisitions, ad hoc/projects, BPCS/MRPII reports, and enduring unprecedented demands for our products.
Key Activities and Responsibilities include:
- Inventory replenishment of store consumables and Aid to Manufacture inventory
- Obtain and confirm required quotations and determine the likely source of supply
- Approve and Refer approval of Purchase Orders and strive to achieve cost savings for all purchases
- Select suppliers – with attention to price, delivery, past performance, adherence to specification, quality acceptance, national agreements and preferred suppliers.
- Effective use of the BPCS system, including Supplier Relationship Management, Vendor Report Cards, Vendor Master Files and Inventory Maintenance Control.
- Liaise with Stores and Finance Personnel regarding receipt, delivery and reconciliation.
To excel in this role, you will need:
- Degree Qualified in Supply chain or equivalent related qualifications is preferred
- Previous experience in working within multidisciplinary teams
- Strategic and business analysis and writing skills
- Confidence in making judgements to represent the company at high levels with customer organisations both nationally and internationally
Benefits @ Thales:
- The salary package includes an annual 8% bonus and assistance to private health insurance.
- Employee discounts with many affiliates (Travel, Car hire, Tech)
- Fitness Passport discount
- Modernised Paid Parental leave
- Veterans Leave
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied; Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, so your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Before the offer, you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
For more information on Thales, visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.