We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
As part of our Vehicles and Tactical Systems business, our Protected Vehicles team is primarily focused on the design, manufacture, delivery and support of protected mobility vehicles on a global scale. We are very proud of everything we do in support of both the Bushmaster and Hawkei platforms as we all work together towards our purpose in “Building A Future We Can All Trust”.
In this dynamic environment, the PRV team is excitedly seeking its newest member to join us. We offer an outstanding opportunity for an Engineering Delivery Manager (EDM) to bring their expertise and passion to oversee solution engineering activities at a specified level (solution or solution element). This pivotal role focuses on the technical management aspects, ensuring the effective delivery of our engineering solutions.
- Family Friendly Workplace Certified Company with genuine care for employee, great flexibility and benefits.
- Attractive remuneration + bonus + family medical insurance.
- ThalesFlex – Hybrid work environment (3 days in the office, 2 days from home).
- Fitness Passport Discount – Access to a network of Gyms across AUS as cheap as $14.95 P/W.
- Employee discounts with a number of affiliates (Travel, Car hire, Tech, Medical Insurance).
- Modernised Paid Parental Leave with up to 20 weeks or carers leave.
- Veterans Leave.
- Novated Lease options.
- Family support through our partnership with Parents at Work.
- Personal & professional training development opportunities.
As an Engineering Delivery Manager, you will:
- Deploy the adequate practices and tools tailored to reach the required maturity according to project/product delivery challenges.
- Work with the discipline delivery team to make them efficient, identify gaps and associated actions to support delivery continuous improvement.
- Manage, develop people/skills & allocation to products/projects and take in charge delivery lead staffing (SEM, WPM, Tribe Leader, Chief Product Owner) on project/product with respect to PPM/PMs’ requests.
- Reviews of ‘Engineering Deliverability’ for bids (engineering strategy & plan, schedule, solution maturity, risk reduction & risk mitigations, acceptance strategy, certification, resourcing, E2 strategy, estimates, contingency).
- Contribute on Bids/Products and Projects peer reviews to reduce engineering risks and increase confidence to deliver.
How about you?
- Proven experience in a technical/engineering role in a related technical domain.
- Proven track record in managing and coordinating of projects in complex environments, ideally underpinned by System Engineering and product development background.
- Experience in Configuration Management Tools.
- High level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Flexibility to travel interstate and internationally.
Good to Know:
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As part of our standard process you will complete police, medical, employment and reference checks.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.