Transport is at the core of modern society. Imagine using your expertise to shape sustainable transport solutions for the future? If you seek to make a difference on a global scale, working with next-gen technologies and the sharpest collaborative teams, then we could be a perfect match.
What you will do
The position provides day to day application engineering services to the Mack, UD and Volvo brand sales organisation and our multi branded dealer network to ensure the correct application of our products for our customer’s needs. The application engineers also have a key role in defining vehicle build specifications when significant customer adaptations are required. The application engineering position is tri-branded specialising in a specific brand as nominated and will be located at our Brisbane Wacol facility.
• Application engineering and technical support to sales, internal and external to VGA
• Application engineering including chassis layout for specific applications, PTO solutions, performance, stability and rollover calculations
• Provide application engineering (best product spec for the job) to sales, internal and external
• Provide WIS (weight information system) and PERF (vehicle performance tool) support and training to sales
• Review and application approval for customer adaptation requests
• Body builder support (specific drawings and technical guidance)
• Provide guidance and documentation to support non-standard vehicle ratings (GVM and GCM )
• Co-ordination with GTO activities as required for customer adaptation quotation (CAQ) activities evaluation of vehicle in service performance (best spec. for application, certification recommendation, preliminary packaging, performance, weight distribution, stability etc.)
• Provide PBS (performance based standard) support and vehicle specification to body builders, customers etc.
• Co-ordination of vehicle application and load ratings including vendor applications
• Technical sales support representation at sales and marketing events (truck shows, dealer technical meetings, product launches, etc) as required
• Creation and/or review of technical documents (body installation manuals, vehicle specification sheets etc)
• To ensure compliance with VGA’s Environmental Policy, ISO9000 standards, and Workplace Health and Safety requirements. To take all reasonable steps and precautions to protect our workplace, employees, and our environment
Who are you?
Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent
Problem solving abilities
Strong interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
We offer a solid package of compensation and benefits, plus you will enjoy:
A truly values-based organisation, inclusive workplace culture and passionate people shaping the world we live in
Regular training and development opportunities, team building activities and offsite strategy days
Opportunity to leverage a globally aligned and locally authentic icon. Work with international specialists to deliver locally tailored projects and initiatives
A strong commitment to safety and your health and wellbeing
A commitment to equal opportunity and equal outcome
Ready for the next move?
Are you excited to bring your skills and disruptive ideas to the table? We can’t wait to hear from you. Apply today!
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic self to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying to this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Trucks Technology are seeking talents to help design sustainable transportation solutions for the future. As part of our team, you’ll help us by engineering exciting next-gen technologies and contribute to projects that determine new, sustainable solutions. Bring your love of developing systems, working collaboratively, and your advanced skills to a place where you can make an impact. Join our design shift that leaves society in good shape for the next generation.