We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role: Systems Engineer
As a Systems Engineer, you’ll have the compelling opportunity to apply your systems engineering skills, knowledge, and expertise in practical scenarios. Your primary goal will be to guarantee the proficient accomplishment of systems engineering tasks for a key Maritime Defence project.
You’ll be working alongside a collaborative co-engineering team made up of subject matter experts, engineering management and traditional specialist engineering disciplines. Your role will be crucial in helping us meet project goals within set budgets, timelines, and quality standards.
- Ensure completion of systems engineering activities per project & quality expectations
- Formalise mission/function descriptions, architectural designs, and requirements
- Review, analyse, trace, and validate requirements
- Check alignment and compliance with customer needs and system requirements
- Manage systems requirements in DOORS/Polarion as per project SEMPs
- Assemble solution/product elements logically for design evaluation
- Demonstrate solution/product satisfaction of operational needs
- Prepare and deliver engineering products and data
- Provide technical and schedule risk feedback to the project team
- Record, investigate, analyse, and resolve issues as needed
- Degree in mechanical, software, electronics/electrical, or systems engineering with eligibility for IEAust membership.
- INCOSE certification desirable
Skills & Experience:
- Strong background in systems/software/hardware engineering.
- Practical experience across all Systems Engineering Life Cycle phases.
- Proficiency in requirements development, management, and tools.
- Experience in integration, verification, validation, and qualification engineering.
- Experience in systems and critical thinking
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills; adept at multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Naval Combat Systems, Sensor Systems, Submarine Combat/Sensor Systems
- Model-based engineering expertise
- Proficiency in tools like JIRA, DOORS, Capella
Benefits @ Thales
- Competitive remuneration + Super + Bonus + Free Medical Insurance
- Free medical health insurance for you and your family
- ThalesFlex – flexibility working is our everyday
- Fitness Passport Discount
- Employee discounts with a number of affiliates (Travel, Car hire, Tech)
- Modernised Paid Parental Leave
- Novated Lease options
- Family support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Free on-site parking
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.