Our client is a rapidly growing industrial real estate group who has achieved great success in a relatively short period. The executive management team is very strong and they have a clear strategic direction for future growth. This is a rare opportunity to join the business in a Senior Financial Accountant role with a diverse focus on both financial and management accounting.
This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career and grow as the business enters its next phase of growth. With excellent exposure to the senior finance executives, this role will suit an experienced Accountant in the real estate industry, or alternatively, a high-performing Accountant in the Business Services or Audit function of a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm with 3.5+ years’ of experience.
Reporting the Financial Controller, your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts, P&L, balance sheet and cash flows for each entity;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting packs to the senior management team and capital partners;
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and managing year end audit process for the entity and the group;
- Review of annual tax reporting and tax returns;
- Supervise external service providers for financial reporting, accounts payable, BAS, payroll tax and income tax;
- Design and implementation of controls and processes for all business cycles;
- Proactively identify and champion the implementation of process improvements within the finance team and across the broader business;
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting as required by the business.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- Preferably, you are CPA or CA-qualified at the Senior Accountant level with real estate industry experience;
- Possibly, you are a Chartered Accountant with 3.5+ years’ experience looking for your first move having progressed your career from a Big 4 or mid-tier accounting firm into an industry accounting role;
- Strong attention to detail and highly adaptable to new challenges and tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to manage and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- A go-getter; ready & capable to take on initiative and responsibility
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further information to assess if this opportunity is of interest to you, please call Nathan Laretive for a confidential discussion on 0460 310 813.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.
ThompsonCook | We Only Do Accounting | Focused on Sydney and Melbourne