At Powerlink, every possibility starts with you
We believe life’s about possibilities. And so’s the future.
That’s why we need you. As the Senior Environmental Specialist, you’ll help us connect Queensland to an even brighter and more sustainable future, providing high voltage electricity to more than five million Queenslanders and 253,000 businesses.
No matter your role, your work is about every light turned on. It’s every community connected and every future made possible.
Together, we’re gearing up for an even brighter future, working at the heart of Queensland’s energy transformation. Now more than ever, we need people who want to help us grow our impact and ensure we’re ready to tackle the challenge of our lives. Join us and make it happen.
Find a career that matters and lasts
You will play a pivotal role by offering specialised advice and guidance on challenging projects and complex environmental approvals. Additionally, you will provide direction in environmental management and systems throughout the organisation, ultimately fostering a high-performance Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) culture.
You will demonstrate extensive knowledge of and ability to advise on strategies to appropriately manage environmental issues which arise during planning, design and construction phases of infrastructure projects and maintenance of linear infrastructure projects.
You will bring extensive knowledge of environmental legislation with the ability to review and interpret policies, procedures and statutory requirements and how they apply to construction and maintenance of infrastructure.
As a natural problem solver, you’ll enjoy dealing with complex environmental issues and regulatory requirements on large scale construction activities and maintenance of linear infrastructure, applying a risk management methodology to solving these issues.
What you’ll bring
- Degree level qualifications in Environmental Science or equivalent experience
We’d also love you to have:
- Formal investigation qualification or experience in contemporary event learning approaches
- Formal internal audit qualifications (e.g. ISO45001/IS014001/ISO9001) and experience in delivering formal HSE audits
- Experience in an environment role within the Construction and/or Electricity Industries
- Provide First Aid
- Operate & maintain a four-wheel drive vehicle
- Recover four wheel drive vehicles
- Inspect and clean machinery for plant, animal and soil material
What matters most is your drive to make an impact for the millions of people we serve. Through our core values of accountability, customer service, teamwork and safety, you’ll strive to question and challenge the ordinary every day.
There’s lots to love about a career with Powerlink. But our people say there’s three things that really stand out:
- A career that matters and lasts: You’ll shape a progressive career connecting more than five million Queenslanders to a world-class, clean energy future.
- Unique work and the chance to grow: You’ll help find smart solutions to interesting problems as you develop your skills and impact every day.
- People who love to support and share: You’ll build relationships with experienced, down-to-earth people who you’ll be proud to work with.
You’ll also enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Family, friendly and flexible working arrangements.
- Available to you will be working a 9-day fortnight with RDO’s every second week.
- Competitive remuneration package + 12.75% superannuation.
Be the start of every possibility
There’s so much opportunity for you to grab here. If this role sounds like it would suit you, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please click on the Apply button above. This will take you to our careers page, where you’ll start the application process by attaching your resume and cover letter. Applications close midnight 21st February 2024. Kindly be aware that the Recruitment team will commence the review process during this period.
If you’d like to find out more about this position, please reach out to our recruitment team at [email protected].
At Powerlink, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and harness the unique talents, perspectives and experiences of all people.
Throughout the recruitment process, we provide support for candidates to ensure nobody is disadvantaged. Please tell us about any adjustments, support or access requirements that may help make the recruitment process more inclusive. You are also welcome to share your pronouns with us at any point throughout the process.
Powerlink is a Veteran-Friendly Employer. We recognise the significant skills and value, and Veterans can bring, and ensure Veterans have equal opportunity in gaining employment with us. If you’re a Veteran, feel free to let us know in your application or reach out to find out how we can support you.
As part of the recruitment process, the successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include, but are not limited to: reference checks, criminal background checks, right to work eligibility, verification of academic qualifications, and bankruptcy check.
We’re proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer, and commit to respond to every applicant