With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the position:
Provide administrative and coordination support to the security Guards so to ensure effective implementation of the security function.
- Ensure the correct record keeping and inspection/screening of all vehicles, visitors and goods that enter and/ or leave the premises and ensure compliance of security procedures in the office as per the Organizational policies.
- Provide support, coordination and conduct security orientation and/or briefings for visitors as requested and in addition conduct periodic security risk assessments in the office.
- Keep a log of all security incidences and coordinate the follow-up as directed by the Security Manager
- Monitor the movement of all vehicles that enter and leave the World Vision Ghana compound- organization vehicles, staff private vehicles and visitors’ vehicles.
- Provide adequate security during National programmes at the office. Coordinate and screen visitors that enter the office.
- Submit routine and monthly reports to the Senior Security Guard.
- Ensure safe keeping of all duplicate keys and other classified documents under the Security and ensure the overall safety of the property in the office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Diploma in security management or equivalent qualification or experience in a related field. Ex-Service personnel with rank higher than a Sergeant or Previous experience as a security officer in a reputable organization for more than five years.
- No previous criminal record or convictions
- Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management
- Exposure to the security field (public, private, government or NGO sectors).
- Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviours that are consistent with World Vision Core Values
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated administrative and coordination skills
- Experience in providing administrative support to the security function
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proven Leadership /management skills
- Ability to understand/assess and provide recommendations on all standards contained within the CSR framework
- Ability to understand and apply the SRA process
- Previous Security related work experience
- Has a working knowledge of core humanitarian principles as it is vital to World Vision Security’s function and is what makes World Vision Security’s role both highly specialized in comparison to other elements within the security industry. It also ties in strongly with the WVI Christian ethos and as such should not be overlooked.
- Responds quickly and decisively in emergencies.
- Identifies risks and acts accordingly
- Demonstrates an ability to seek alternative solutions to problems using initiative, experience and consultation with others.
- Proven Leadership /management skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Communicates clear direction to others.
- Delegates tasks/responsibilities to others.
Physical / Mental
- Candidates require a good level of physical and mental fitness
- Ability to build and maintain good internal and external relationships in order to ensure an informed and coordinated security operation within the office.
- Work environment: Office-based
- Travel: 0% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call:
Additional Information & Application Method
World Vision is the largest child-focused private charity in the world. Our 33,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries have united with our incredible supporters to impact the lives of over 200 million vulnerable children by tackling the root causes of poverty. Through World Vision every 60 seconds…a family gets water…a hungry child is fed…a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Interested applicants should: