The overall scope of the incumbent is to ensure all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner by establishing company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Train and instruct other members of the staff.
- Repair and/or adjust all types of electrical and HVAC equipment and cosmetic items.
- Look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
- Emergencies – be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guests and employees, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. Inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
- Optimise maintenance costs.
- Accident prevention and safety.
- Comply with all Kempinski company policies.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Certificate in a trade of building/ HND in Electricals
- 3 years experience as an Electrician preferably in a five-star hotel
- Very good knowledge of electricity operation
- Faculty of analysis, evaluation and decision-making in the day-to-day business and in the case of emergency
- Software office (word, Excel, Access)
- Engineering Administration system
Additional Information & Application Method
The Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state-of-the-art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and near the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre, and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (the largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities.
Our latest addition is the Resense Spa, the largest SPA in West Africa, and the most exclusive luxury hotel spa in Accra. The 3,000 sqm wellness and fitness facilities cover three floors and include an authentic hammam, separate male and female wellness areas with saunas, steam room and whirlpool baths, and ten treatment rooms, including two couple suites, fitness and beauty facilities, and a cosy relaxation lounge.
We offer a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Interested applicants should: