Job Title: Logistics Operative
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: £31,019 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertake a range of generic Logistic activities in a safe and professional manner
- Work safely at all times, complying with health and safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines
- Follow relevant instructions and be able to use effectively and efficiently relevant documentation and IT systems that support the logistic activities
- Check the completed activity to ensure that all operations have been finished to meet the required specification
- Use associated tools and specialist equipment safely and effectively
- The accurate receipt, replenishment, issue, transfer and / or delivery of materials, tools and consumables using relevant Logistics systems and processes using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Carry out inventory checks and undertake stock discrepancies activity to reconcile inventory records
Your skills and experiences:
- NVQ In Logistics or equivalent work experience
- Functional knowledge of Logistics
- Experience of using an ERP system (SAP)
- Experience of presenting information would be desirable
- Inventory Control using an ERP/MRP system
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The logistics team:
As a Logistics Operative, you will be working alongside other Logistics Operatives within the wider Logistics team servicing our customers. You will be responsible for managing the control of materials, tools and consumables from receipt to despatch / delivery whilst maintaining system applications.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work in an interesting role because of the ability to contribute to the manufacturing of world class submarines across multiple programmes; this role is very varied due to the nature of the tasks and the possibility of self-development.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
14th February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.