Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant or Porter
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
As a Housekeeper, Laundry Attendant or Porter, you will be responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary and safe environment for the hotels and lodges across the resort and ensure hygiene and customer service standards are met. When working in the laundry, you will sort, wash, dry, press and fold all linen used throughout the commercial establishments. You will be required to attend to the needs of guests staying at the hotel including the delivery of their luggage and offer assistance with transport between the hotels, carparking space or public transport locations. You may also be required to shovel snow to clear walkways, driveways and carparks.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Ensure all rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards
- Operate washing and drying machines
- Load and unload luggage from vehicles and trolleys
- Give directions and answer questions on hotel/resort facilities
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An ability to multi-task
- A high work ethic, and a can-do attitude
- Previous experience in a similar role will be highly regarded
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at human.[email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.