Guest Services Assistant – Ticket Scanning
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
You’ll be the first point of contact for a lot of our guests and with the extensive knowledge you’ll gain of our products and services, you will exceed our guest’s expectations and assure the smooth delivery of day-to-day operations of the business. You will also need to be an intermediate to advanced skier or snowboarder and willing to work outdoors to ensure that all guests have valid access and appropriate products to access the resort. You will play a unique role at our resort by providing a fun, welcoming atmosphere for our guests while ensuring our product’s integrity.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Ensure that all our lift passenger (guest and staff) have lift tickets
- Deal with customer enquires and provide information to guests about the resort
- Ensure smooth and efficient movement of our guests through each lift station
- Assist guests in taking children to and from ski school
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service role
- Intermediate to advanced ski or snowboard ability
- The ability to work unsupervised at times and be a great team player
- Excellent knowledge of our resorts and the products and services will be highly regarded
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at human.[email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.