Guest Services Assistant
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
As a Guest Services Assistant, you will help to deliver an experience of a lifetime for our guests by elevating the in-resort guest experience. In this role you will work indoors assisting with any face-to-face guest enquiries and provide accurate and responsive information and service to our guests. You will also need to be willing to work outdoors and assist with the ticket scanning function which ensures that all guests have valid access and appropriate products to access the resort. You will play a unique role at our resort by providing a fun, welcoming atmosphere for our guests while ensuring our product’s integrity.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Use initiative to assist guests and provide a high standard of customer service at all times
- Ensure that all our lift passengers (guests and staff) have valid lift tickets
- Deal with customer complaints and concerns (with support from your Department Manager or Supervisor)
- Greet each and every guest in a friendly manner
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- A sound working knowledge of computer systems and processes
- The ability to multi-task
- An ability to communicate well with others
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at human.[email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.