Food & Beverage Supervisor
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an Experience of a Lifetime to our guests and our employees. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate and we want you on our team. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The perks start with a free lift pass, but as a Vail Resorts Australia employee, that’s just the beginning. Think free group lessons with our qualified snowsports instructors, discounts at our food, rental and retail outlets, employee recognition programs, staff events, training, wellness programs and more!
Working under the direction of the Food and Beverage Manager, Food and Beverage Supervisors will be responsible for organisation, performance management and customer service of all operations in your assigned area during the ski season. This position has a large emphasis on internal and external customer service. As part of your responsibilities, you will be required to supervise staff training, be responsible for providing on-going feedback to subordinate staff and may be required to complete weekly rostering schedules in line with weekly budgets and forecasts.
In a typical day in this role, you might:
- Be responsible for opening and closing a venue, once comfortable to do so.
- Manage food safety, food quality and RSA compliance on a day to day basis.
- Manage staff rosters, staff training and safety of the venue.
- Be responsible for the venue when the manager is away.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A minimum of one (1) year’s supervisory or management experience in either a Bistro, Restaurant, Bar, Fast Food venue or Food Court
- A responsible service of alcohol (RSA). Must be for either VIC or NSW.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A high work ethic, be reliable and possess excellent time management skills.
As part of our team, you will be expected to:
- Demonstrate our core Values – Have Fun, Be Inclusive, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value and Do Right
- Provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work with an enthusiastic attitude and embrace all parts of your job
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to your peers and supervisors
Employment start dates will vary depending on the role and snow conditions, but most roles start in June and finish in late September.
Staff accommodation may be available for successful applicants. You will be asked to indicate in your application whether you require accommodation. If you are offered a position, we will be in touch to confirm and provide further information.
At Vail Resorts Australia one of our core values is Be Inclusive.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If you require assistance to apply, interview or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please contact us at human.[email protected]
Join our team and experience the outdoors like never before. Your adventure starts now.