About the role:
We have a rare, exciting opportunity for a Home Manager to join our team. Whether you are an experienced manager, looking for a change, or an experienced clinical professional looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
The Home Manager leads a multidisciplinary team made up of clinical, and support roles that ensure a holistic approach to care within the home. As the Home Manager, you will ensure that the team responds to the whole person by partnering with our residents, families and carers on a daily basis to meet the individual needs and goals of our residents.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with Calvary’s Vision and Mission in mind, creating a culture within the home that is resident-centric and treating everyone as an individual.
- Drive the performance of the home, ensuring compliance with all regulatory compliance, standards and organisational policies, as well as the financial performance of the home.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with external parties that support care provision such as GP’s, Allied Health, contractors and the local community.
- Make sure the home embodies a strong diversity culture that advances the frontiers of aged living, through innovation and integration of clinical practice with lifestyle pursuits, hospitality and design.
- Not-For-Profit salary packaging benefits, discounted health insurance and gym memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Additional week of annual leave
- Annual professional development budget of $5,000
- Training, development pathways and career opportunities
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA – No restrictions or conditions.
- Ability to build rapport and maintain solid working relationships with identified key relationships.
- High level of understanding of the aged care sector with the ability to identify changing trends and to ensure best practice.
- An effective listener with the ability to communicate at all levels both orally and in writing with excellent presentation skills.
- Clear thinker with lateral problem-solving skills. An ability to convert complex ideas into simple, understandable and workable actions to ensure positive outcomes.
- Able to multitask, prioritise, delegate and manage the delegation process to ensure appropriate quality outcomes
- Sound operational knowledge of computerised systems used within the industry as well as the ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new systems introduced into the business from time to time.
- Understanding of and ability to manage human resource issues with effective negotiation skills
For further information please contact Shannon George, Talent Acquisition Consultant on [email protected]
Why work for Calvary?
At Calvary, our staff matter.
With over 130 years’ experience and 18,000 staff and volunteers, we offer an inclusive and welcoming culture where you are valued, drawing on your own strengths, identity and background alongside a team of professionals who care for our patients, residents and clients.
As we serve the community across Home, Virtual and Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and Hospitals, one thing sets us apart. Care from the heart. If this sounds like you, apply for a role with Calvary today.
Please note the following:
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete pre-employment checks which may include, but is not limited to reference checks, work rights, criminal history check, NDIS/WWCC/WWVP checks, and a health evaluation to ensure suitability for the role
- You will be required to provide evidence of immunisation as required for your role including COVID-19, influenza, tuberculosis screening, hepatitis, diphtheria, tetanus, varicella