About the role
As a Pastoral Care Practitioner at Calvary’s Haydon Residential Aged Care Home, you will play a crucial role as a member of the care team, ensuring the diverse pastoral and spiritual needs of residents, their families, and staff are identified and addressed. Your responsibilities include conducting spiritual assessments, providing one-on-one support, developing spiritual care plans, and maintaining active relationships with residents and their families. The role is a full time permanent position. There is flexibility to negotiate hours of work.
Your main duties will include:
- Conduct individual spiritual assessments for residents on admission and as needs change.
- Provide one-on-one assistance to residents for participation in home activities.
- Develop and implement individual spiritual care plans based on emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Maintain active relationships with residents and families, ensuring ongoing needs are met.
- Provide bereavement support to families and residents experiencing grief and loss.
- Relevant qualification in pastoral care or a related field.
- Experience in providing spiritual and emotional support to individuals, preferably in aged care and health settings.
- Strong communication and highly effective interpersonal skills, with the capacity for reflective practice, and willingness to work as part of an integrated health team.
- Current drivers license
For further information please contact Helen Pappas via email: [email protected].
Why work for Calvary?
At Calvary, our staff matter.
With over 130 years’ experience and 18,000 staff and volunteers, we offer an inclusive and welcoming culture where you are valued, drawing on your own strengths, identity and background alongside a team of professionals who care for our patients, residents and clients.
- Not for profit salary packaging benefits, discounted health insurance and gym memberships
- Paid parental leave
- Training, development pathways and career opportunities
- Flexible hours that make sense for you
As we serve the community across Home, Virtual and Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and Hospitals, one thing sets us apart. Care from the heart. If this sounds like you, apply for a role with Calvary today.
Please note the following:
- As part of the application process, you will be required to complete pre-employment checks which may include, but is not limited to reference checks, work rights, criminal history check, NDIS/WWCC/WWVP checks, and a health evaluation to ensure suitability for the role
- You will be required to provide evidence of immunisation as required for your role including COVID-19, influenza, tuberculosis screening, hepatitis, diphtheria, tetanus, varicella.