Our client is recognised for its branding and strong market presence within their specific area of the consumer products industry. Due to internal promotion, they are seeking a Financial Accountant join the largest division of the Group. This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious Accountant who is looking to step into a long-term opportunity whereby you will be a part of a high performing team and be supported with ongoing career growth.
Reporting to the Finance Manager whilst playing a key role in supporting the finance team and broader commercial stakeholders, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the completion of month-end accounting tasks to ensure the timely reporting of all financial information to align with internal controls and statutory requirements.
- Prepare daily and month-end journals and assist in the completion of GL and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with the delivery of financial needs including monthly management reports, profit and loss reporting, capital expenditure reporting, cash reporting.
- Liaison and supporting the external auditors to ensure the timely completion of the audit.
- Project work and analysis to support the finance team.
- Taking process improvement initiatives.
Please consider expressing interest in this position if you possess the following:
- You have 4-6 years of experience in a full-function Accounting role in industry where you have completed your CPA. Alternatively, you are currently working in a reputable chartered firm where you have completed your CA.
- A high attention to detail, strong work ethic as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and operate efficiently in a highly complex environment
- An eagerness to advance and develop your skills and progress your career long term.
The Next Step
If this position will enhance your career and you would like further details on the client, the role, remuneration or a copy of the position description, please call Monique Wilsone for a confidential discussion on 0427 363 464.
Or alternatively please apply per the link below.
ThompsonCook | We Only Do Accounting | Focused on Melbourne and Sydney