From our humble beginnings in 1935, Haymes Paint has grown to become Australia’s largest Australian made and owned manufacturer of premium brand paints, finishes, and protective coatings. Now in our third generation of family ownership, we haven’t slowed down on bringing new and better products to the market, always looking for new advances or opportunities for innovation. Our values of Truth, Passion, Motivation, Respect plus Listening and Learning are reflected in everything we do.
We are looking for a Sales Assistant to join the team in our Rosebud store. As a Sales Assistant you will be responsible for greeting customers, providing solutions, handling payments and replenishing stock while maintaining high visual merchandising standards.
This part-time position works within a roster in our 5.5-day a week trading store (Monday – Saturday).
A day in the life… (and yet no two days are the same)
- Provide service, advice and product solutions to both trade and retail customers
- Take orders in-store and by phone
- Tint paint products to customer requirements
- Replenish stock including 15L paint drums
- Build strong relationships with repeat customers in store and fellow colleagues
- Keeping up to date with the latest colour forecasts and product releases
- Assist with visual displays, store presentation and house keeping
- Inventory control (Goods Receiving/Stock taking)
- Comply with safe work practices
Your primers are:
- Strong communication skills
- A genuine desire to deliver outstanding service
- Previous experience working in a customer service role
- Experience with stock handling and merchandising
- Point of Sale (POS) system knowledge or appropriate tech-savvy
- Numeracy skills sufficient to perform POS transactions and comprehend tint percentages/ratios
- The ability to follow instructions and work effectively unsupervised
- Capacity to perform manual tasks including lifting of 15L cans of paint.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to use Microsoft office and outlook
Your special finish could include:
- Trade customer working knowledge
- Colour and design choices expertise
- An unrestricted driver’s licence to make local deliveries
- 50% off retail price of Haymes Paint manufactured products, including friends and family discounts
- 6% Medibank Corporate discount
- 20% New Balance discount
- Ongoing training and support
- Access to a range of workplace health and wellbeing initiatives
- Professional development opportunities
Please apply by including a recent resume and responding to the selection questions. Applications will close when a suitable candidate is identified.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Applications will only be considered from candidates with the right to work in Australia. Haymes Paint do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Haymes Paint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.