General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- First-level university education in economics, regional planning and development, environmental studies or related fields, or equivalent professional experience in such areas
- Work experience in the fields of economics, business development, regional planning and development or environmental development and protection
- Experience working with developing or transitional economies
- Communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following: Education: First-level university degree in a relevant field
Experience: Minimum of six years of relevant professional experience
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements: Mandatory:
- Professional background in macro/micro economics, development economics, economic policy formulation/implementation or related fields;
- Good understanding of the regional political and economic context of Central Asia;
- Previous experience in working in CIS countries or in countries with undergoing economic transition;
- Ability to prepare and produce comprehensive analytical reports;
- Previous work experience in project management;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and with limited time frames;
- Professional fluency in the English language;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge of the local language or most common lingua franca spoken in the mission area (Russian, Tajik);
- Previous international work experience in a field mission;
- Experience in negotiation/mediation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Economic and Environmental Department, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Managing the activities of the Economic Unit, including programmatic activities;
- Analyzing and reporting on economic and social context developments in accordance with the Office’s mandate;
- Planning, implementing and monitoring project activities;
- Establishing and jointly with the Head of Department maintaining close contacts on economic issues with relevant agencies of the host government and international organizations and participating in donor co-ordination meetings;
- Maintaining contact and exchanging information with the Office of the Co-ordinator of Economic and Environmental Affairs in the Secretariat;
- Facilitating contacts and promoting information exchange on economic issues with local authorities, universities, research institutions and NGO’s;
- Assisting in arranging OSCE regional events, regional seminars and visits to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation;
- Continuously briefing the Head of Department on all relevant ongoing activities within the Economic Unit;
- Supervising two programme assistants;
- Performing other related duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: http:// www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages the nomination of qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Candidates should, prior to applying, verify with their respective nominating authority to which extent financial remuneration and/or benefit packages will be offered.
Please apply to your relevant authorities well in advance of the deadline expiration to ensure timely processing of your application. Delayed nominations will not be considered. The OSCE can only process Secondment applications that have been nominated by participating States. For queries relating to your application, please refer to the respective delegation as listed here: https://www.osce.org/contacts/delegations.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe
- Requisition ID: TAJ000064
- Contract Type: International Secondment
- Grade: S2
- Job Level: Senior Professional
- Job Type: Seconded
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: TAJ – OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, Dushanbe
- Issue Date: Apr 6, 2023
- Closing Date: May 16, 2023
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)