• Based in Bentley. 18 month max term contract
• Be part of a business delivering real positive change.
• WFH options, health and wellbeing programs.
What is your new role about?
Manage the financial and commercial arrangements for the Remote Communities Division. The Commercial Manager is responsible for developing financial plans including budgeting and forecasting for the short- and long-term position of the Division.
This includes supporting business case development, financial structure and re-engineering, tracking financial performance and contract development and impacts. The commercial Manager will ensure compliance with Horizon Power and other required regulations, standards and processes whilst continuously looking for improvement opportunities.
Your new role will include:
• Represent the Key Stakeholder’s commercial interests associated with standard Business As Usual and program and project deliverables.
• Manage key external stakeholders expectations where relevant
• Provide commercial and financial specialist advice and guidance to the Division and Workstreams.
• Develop financial plans including budgeting and forecasting for short and long term.
• Establish the account structure, monitor and report on project financials.
• Monitor the financial structure of projects and re-engineer as required.
• Support the development of business cases are developed for the projects.
• Manage the realisation of the commercial outcomes as aligned to the Division and program deliverables, business cases and contracts.
• Support the management the contractual relationships in conjunction with primary contract owners.
• Lead the development of contracts/agreements in consultation with the Project Directors and Project Manager.
Our new Commercial Manager will have:
• 7-10 years’ experience in a commercial or financial role.
• A proven ability in coordinating complex contracts and providing advisory support.
• A proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of commercial documentation in electricity and/or energy purchasing, commercial and construction contracting, intellectual property matters, contract risk, risk management and mitigation, procurement and construction insurance and project governance and compliance.
• Sound understanding of legal, financial and accounting principles.
• Sound knowledge of procurement and contract best practice.
We value the importance of First Nations culture. We are privileged to work with, live alongside and provide services to the people who first understood the energy of this land. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Be a part of something amazing for Western Australia
Being a part of the Horizon Power team is about building a better future for regional Western Australia. Our regional presence and proud history of delivering energy solutions for regional communities means we are uniquely positioned to respond to the challenge of climate change and lead the way towards a low carbon, renewable energy future.
What’s on the Horizon for you?
• Additional 3 days of Private Leave.
• Special family leave of up to 10 days paid, non-cumulative.
• Fantastic social club!
Our focus is on people, safety and wellbeing. We are committed to equality and celebrate the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and all characteristics that make us unique as individuals.
Take your next step
If you’re excited about the opportunity to be part of a high performing organisation this could be the role for you.
Click on the Apply button below to start your potential journey with Horizon Power. Applications close on 1st of March 2024. Horizon Power reserves the right to close the advertising earlier than the closing date.