- Work with a dynamic, collaborative cardiac team on site in Heidelberg
- Multiple public transport options available
- Fixed term contract, opportunity for a qualified Echo/ Cath Lab cardiac physiologist Grade 2 or Grade 3
- Ongoing training, development and support
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the north-east of Melbourne and state-wide.? We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our purpose, which is to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
About the Cardiology Department
The Cardiology department provides an extensive range of cardiac services to inpatients and outpatients. These services include outpatient consultations, echocardiography, non-invasive testing (ECG, Holter monitoring), coronary angiography and percutaneous intervention for coronary and non-coronary applications (congenital and valvular), electrophysiological testing and ablation and device implantation (pacemaker, ICD).
Located at the Austin hospital (Heidelberg), the department provides 24-hour echocardiography and cardiac catheterisation laboratory services for acute myocardial infarction. In-patients are managed predominantly in the 30-bed Cardiac and Thoracic Unit on Ward 5 East. The department has links to the University of Melbourne and a major involvement in teaching, training and research at under-graduate and post-graduate levels for both nursing and medical staff.
About the role
We are on the search for an enthusiastic and experienced Cardiac Physiologist (Grade 2 and 3) to join our team.
A regular day will see you:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of cardiac technology and the results generated
- Work Independently to perform high quality work
- Obtain relevant patient information and communicate with patients effectively and professionally.
- Maintain and perform regular equipment checks, as well as associated logbooks, databases and generate interim reports as required
- Work collaboratively across the Cardiology department and with other medical staff
- Participate in on call roster as required
- Promote safety in the workplace at all times when working with patients and colleagues
To be successful in this role as a full accredited Cardiac Physiologist, ideally you will have:
- A comprehensive understanding of the principles of cardiac technology and results generated
- The ability to work Independently and collaboratively across departments
- A commitment to maintain and update own professional development portfolio to demonstrate an ongoing commitment to learning and best practice
- A commitment to a high standard of patient care
- The ability to seek ways to continuously improve systems and procedures
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work every day.? Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
- Greater take-home pay through generous salary packaging
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness memberships and health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring and career development opportunities
- Onsite childcare (Austin site), easy access via public transport, car parking and end of journey facilities for cyclists
- Five weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part time), plus purchased leave options
- Flexible working arrangements
Inclusion at Austin Health
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application as applicants may be contacted prior to the closing date. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working with Children Check. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, you are welcome to reach out to the hiring manager.