Anaesthesia Clinical Nurse Consultant Developmental role position
Part time, fixed term 1st April until 29th September (6 months)- 46 hours/fortnight
Heidelberg locations, with flexible shifts
Nursing award Victoria base + salary packaging + super
Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and
research across three campuses in the Northeast of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly
engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our goal to help people live healthy
and fulfilled lives.
About the Anaesthesia Clinical Nurse Consultant position:
The Department of Anaesthesia is committed to promoting the highest levels of perioperative preadmission planning for both our elective surgical patients and emergency surgical inpatients. The Perioperative Care Team provides services across both the Austin and Repatriation campuses with a strong focus on perioperative medicine principles. PCT co-ordinates the anaesthesia preadmission clinic, surgical unit inquiries and referral triage and management.
About the role:
The Anaesthesia Clinical Nurse Consultant Developmental role is an opportunity to integrate into the Perioperative Care Team whilst being provided with practical support and guidance. This includes an orientation 4-week supernumery programme, with ongoing assessments/ feedback processes as an introduction into the advanced nursing practice position. You will work collaboratively with a supportive team of professionals, who are passionate about providing best practice care for patients.
A regular day will see you:
- Assess and ensure optimisation of the surgical patient in anaesthesia preadmission clinic
- Respond to surgical unit inquiries and coordinate anaesthesia referrals
- Work as part of a collaborative patient focused team
- Efficiently and meticulously document patient perioperatively planning management and provide information to relevant parties
You’ll join a friendly, supportive and collaborative team who genuinely enjoy their work and the contribution they make.
You will be someone who has excellent communication skills, with a strong commitment to
excellence in patient care. You’ll bring energy and drive to your work, and have a keen interest in
developing your skillset.
You’ll further have:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years anaesthesia nursing experience
- Graduate Diploma in Anaesthesia / Peri-anaesthesia or Critical care area
- High level surgical knowledge and skills.
- Understanding of pre-admission and admission planning principles.
- Possess advanced negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across a multidisciplinary team.
- Possess advanced analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills with meticulous documentation skills.
- Current AHPRA registration & Mandatory Covid vaccination
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work
every day. Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
• Greater take-home pay through generous salary packaging
• A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounts on fitness
memberships and health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
• Mentoring and career development opportunities
• Onsite childcare, easy access via public transport, car parking and end of journey facilities for
• Relocation expense reimbursement
• Five weeks annual leave
Inclusion at Austin:
We celebrate, value, and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies, and
abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal or Torres
Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQI+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application as interviews may
commence prior to the closing date. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National
Police Check and if required, a Working with Children Check. If you require any reasonable
adjustments to the recruitment process, please feel free to reach out to the hiring manager.
Closing date: 7th February 2024