Are you a 3rd or 4th year out of trade Cabinet Maker? Keen to continue and complete your apprenticeship?
As a cabinetmaking apprentice, you will work with a team of experienced professionals to learn the craft of designing, building, and installing custom cabinetry and furniture. This hands-on learning experience will give you the opportunity to use a variety of tools and materials to create unique, high-quality pieces that meet the specific needs of clients.
Juniors and adults encouraged to apply
Where is this apprenticeship position located?
With the support of qualified tradespeople, you will be:
- Learning to construct and install a variety of custom cabinets and joinery through a variety of factory-based and on-site projects
- Marking, cutting and shaping wood using saws, chisels and power tools
- Trimming and gluing joints
- Examining designs, drawings and parts to determine specifications
- Cutting & shaping pieces of wood
- Fitting hinges, drawers and shelves
- Deliver and install completed products to site
- Any other tasks requested by the host employer
Applicants will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible to complete an apprenticeship
- Present with a genuine interest in woodwork
- Be well presented, enthusiastic, reliable, and punctual
- Be motivated with a positive attitude
- Must be physically fit
- Effectively carry out instruction
- Have strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work within set timeframes
- Enjoy practical work and able to use manual tools
- Drivers License & own reliable transport would be an advantage
Benefits of doing your apprenticeship with ECA:
- Long term career prospects for the right candidate
- You will have a dedicated Field Officer assigned for full mentoring & support during your Apprenticeship as well as a full team of staff overseeing your apprenticeship, ensuring you only need to focus on your work and college.
- Genuine support for your personal wellbeing including access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- ECA has a large network of Host Employers looking to host enthusiastic apprentices and help them become trade qualified
- Modern Award rates apply
- Access the PACT Calculator via Fairwork Website to help you understand your hourly rate.
- The PACT calculator can be found at https://calculate.fairwork.gov.au/CheckPay/Summary
Applicants must be Australian citizens, permanent residents, or hold a visa that allows them to work in Australia
Keep up to date with vacancies on our Facebook page
**Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview**