About the role and team
Due to the continued growth of our Darwin practice, we have an opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join our Insurance team in our Darwin office.
The main focus for this role will be to provide admin support to our lawyers.
Our growing Insurance practice has approximately 80 people located across Adelaide, Perth and Darwin. We are a defendant Insurance legal team working across both General Insurance and Statutory Insurance matters with our Darwin practice having a focus on workers compensation.
- accurately profile all documents received;
- assisting with maintenance of extensive electronic filing for all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- assist with implementing and maintaining folder structure for each matter;
- assisting with other administrative duties as capacity permits and directed by the practice manager; and
- other ad hoc duties as required.
We would like to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- studying a law or business degree;
- administration experience in a professional services environment;
- strong attention to detail;
- team player;
- ability to work well under pressure;
- understanding electronic filing;
- knowledge of iManage10 is desirable but not essential;
- intermediate IT skills;
- data entry skills; and
- strong organisation and time management skills.
Hall & Wilcox is a leading independent Australian law firm. We are a firm of more than 1000 people, including over 130 partners, delivering outstanding legal services to corporate, public sector and private clients, both Australian-based and those offshore doing business in Australia. Our purpose is to enable our clients, our people and our communities to thrive.
Some of our recent awards and citations include:
- Law Firm of the Year at the 2022 and 2023 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards;
- Law Firm of the Year (101-500 Lawyers) and Diversity Initiative of the Year at the 2022 Australasian Law Awards;
- Ranked third in the Lawyers Weekly Top 25 Attraction Firms for 2022 and 2023;
- Employer of Choice Gender Equality citation from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for 2021, 2022 and 2023; and
- Best Law and Related Services Firm ($100m-$200m revenue) and Best Professional Services Firm ($100m-$200m revenue) at the 2023 Client Choice Awards.
We are known for having a great culture that is warm and welcoming, progressive, inclusive and supportive, and that is underpinned by our enduring values – known as Hallmarks.
We are also renowned for Smarter Law, which means we look beyond the status quo to think differently and find solutions that are better and faster.
At Hall & Wilcox, we promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage applications from candidates of all cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
For more information about Hall & Wilcox please visit our website.
How to apply
Please click apply to submit an application.
We are committed to being inclusive, and to supporting candidates with disability so that every candidate is offered a fair, equitable and supportive recruitment experience. If you require any support to complete your application, or if you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Hansen, Senior People & Culture Advisor at [email protected]
This vacancy is being managed directly by the Hall & Wilcox Talent Acquisition / People & Culture team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require any assistance.