Underground Infrastructure Services
Job no: 500059
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Dugald River Mine
We are MMG and we mine for progress.
At MMG, we mine to create wealth for our people, host communities and shareholders.
MMG strives to create an inclusive culture by bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Working in partnership with our major shareholder – China Minmetals – our vision is to build the world’s most respected mining company.
We are guided by our Code of Conduct and our values of thinking safety first, respecting each other, working together, doing what we say and wanting to be better.
Dugald River is one of the world’s top 10 zinc operations, located near Cloncurry in Queensland. Dugald River was successfully commissioned ahead of schedule and under budget, with first production of zinc concentrate in October 2017.Dugald River is estimated to have a mine life of 20+ years processing an average of 1.7 million tonnes of ore per annum. The operation predominantly produces zinc concentrate, with by-products including lead and silver.
Underground Infrastructure Services
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for experienced and ambitious Underground Infrastructure person to join our team at Dugald River Mine.
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will be responsible for the construction, operation and maintenance of underground mine infrastructure to ensure that production targets are achieved safely and efficiently.
This role will be based on an 8/7, 7/6 (days and nights) roster, drive in drive out (DIDO) from Cloncurry or Mount Isa or fly in fly out (FIFO) from Townsville. Relocation support will be available for successful candidates who reside outside of the local region who wish to relocate to the Cloncurry or Mount Isa districts.
Qualifications, Competencies & knowledge highly desired;
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess a safety focus, be a strong problem solver and have extensive processing experience.
- Strong safety focus
- Proven experience in service work in a similar role within the underground mining environment.
- A current first aid certificate and a valid driver’s licence are essential.
- Working at heights and dogging/rigging qualifications are desirable.
Some of your key responsibilities will include;
- Installation of the mine paste fill reticulation system
- Inspection of the paste fill reticulation system integrity during paste fill placement
- Construction of ventilation bulkheads, ventilation controls and paste fill bulkheads
- Miscellaneous construction activities including forming and pouring concrete pads
- Installation of underground services including ventilation fans, ducting and services
- Installation of stope stop logs
- Safe use of an airleg/stoper
- Safe operation of Integrated Tool (IT) carriers
- Maintenance of a high standard of housekeeping on equipment and in the work area
What we offer
- A competitive salary package
- A generous relocation package is available if you choose to relocate locally
- Career Development opportunity working for a Global Organisation
- A culture of thinking Safety First ‘there is so much more to be safe for’
- Work for one of the world’s top 10 zinc operations
- Work with a highly skilled strategic leadership team
On-site accommodation at Dugald River is provided in fully air-conditioned ensuite rooms and includes meal service and room cleaning. The new village features, communal media facilities including 4G coverage, onsite Medical Centre, sporting, brand new swimming pool and gym facilities.
As a company, MMG strives for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate. If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date. To know more about MMG please visit our webpage https://www.mmg.com/
MMG is committed to supporting our local communities of Cloncurry Shire and Mount Isa City Council Local Government Areas. MMG encourages Persons of Kalkadoon heritage and other local Indigenous groups to apply.
Advertised: 12 Feb 2024 E. Australia Standard Time
Apply now Employee Referral
Back to search results