Underground Electrical Maintenance Tradesperson
Job no: 500057
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rosebery Mine
Underground Electrical Maintenance Tradesperson
About the role
Exciting opportunity for an Underground Electrical Maintenance Tradesperson to join the Maintenance Operations team at MMG’s Rosebery Mine.
Reporting to the Mine Electrical Supervisor, This role is responsible to carry out electrical installation, maintenance, fault finding, and repairs to both fixed and mobile HV and LV plant throughout the mine, supporting the mining department to meet safety, development, and production targets in compliance with both site and regulatory requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will have both well-developed technical skills and personal attributes including the following:
- Good understanding of electrical maintenance systems and activities
- Expertise in the complexities of modern control systems used within mine site
- Solid understanding of AS3000 and related standards
- Ability to maintain, diagnose faults and repair equipment to OEM specifications
- Interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision within a team environment
- Identify and assist in the delivery of planned maintenance to budget
- Prioritise scheduled work and breakdowns
- Basic Computer skills: MS Office Suite
This is a great career opportunity for a motivated Electrical Technician who is looking to expand their capabilities within a supportive team environment.
This role is offered on a 7 shift on & 7 days of roster, either residential in Rosebery or Drive in/Drive out (DIDO) from Tasmanian.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all work is carried out in compliance with statutory, regulatory, and company standards and procedures
- Electrically commission and performance test equipment before signing off to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Installing and maintaining HV/LV electrical infrastructure and equipment in the underground plant both fixed and mobile
- Installation, maintenance, faultfinding, and repairs of underground leaky feeder and network systems
- Installation, maintenance, faultfinding, and repairs of VLF PED Firing System
- Inspect, service, adjust, troubleshoot, and repair equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Complete assigned work and associated paperwork ensuring compliance to the mine maintenance schedule
- Conduct breakdown and PM checks as required
- Supervise the work of electrical contractors when engaged to carry out work on-site
- Direct and mentor trades assistants and apprentices where required
- Be proactive in identifying and reporting potential hazards and eliminating risk-taking behaviors or actions
- Ensure good clear communication lines within the team and with other sections/departments
- Use of computerised maintenance management systems (SAP)
About MMG Limited
At MMG, our vision is to create a leading international mining company for a low carbon future.
We mine for progress to create wealth for our people, host communities and shareholders with an ambition to grow and diversify our resource, production and value.
MMG has a global presence, owning and developing copper, zinc and other base metals projects across Australia, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Peru.
Our aim is to create a workplace that encourages diversity and inclusion and supports our people to grow.
We are guided by our values; think safety first, respect each other, work together, do what we say, and we want to be better.
About MMG Rosebery
Rosebery is an underground polymetallic base metal mine located in the township of Rosebery in Tasmania, Australia.
The Rosebery Mine has been at the heart of the Rosebery community since 1936 and is one of Tasmania’s largest and oldest continuously operating, underground mines producing zinc, copper and lead concentrates, as well as gold doré.
It supports approximately 500 employees and their families, has a strong community focus and engages a wide range of local businesses from across Tasmania in its supply chain boosting the economy of the West Coast of Tasmania and beyond.
MMG has an office in Burnie, giving employees the flexibility to work from there when they are not required onsite.
What we offer
- A safety-first culture
- An attractive remuneration including an incentive scheme, accommodation and allowances.
- A workplace that fosters diversity and inclusiveness, and supports our people with the systems, skills and behaviours required to live our values.
- Relocation support where required to the point of hire
As a company, MMG strives for the best in safety, environmental protection, production standards and overall operational excellence. We are an equal opportunity employer who values and respects diversity. We recognise the unique value your contribution makes to the progress of our company and the communities in which we operate.
To know more about MMG please visit our webpage https://www.mmg.com/
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the application closing date.
Advertised: 12 Feb 2024 Tasmania Daylight Time
Apply now Employee Referral
Back to search results