DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
During deployment, the duty station may change, and duties may be modified, based upon the technical needs of the Programme.
- Provide timely, proactive and expert advice and support, to the Supply Officer and Incident Manager on all supply matters in the context of the emergency response
- Assist in managing the implementation of the supply management tools and systems, according to the Supply Chain Management strategy to the IMS Coordination team, as needed.
- Support end-to-end follow-up of the requisitions placed for emergency response; develop and maintain an efficient and reliable tracking system.
- Oversee effective and efficient warehouse management for WHO incident management.
- Liaise with technical experts to ensure proper needs identification from stock owners stakeholders. in terms of planning and shipping
- Follow up on KPIs aimed to monitor the supply operations efficiency.
- Participate in regular reporting on OSL emergency response supply activities.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Essential: First-level University degree (Bachelor’s level) in development economics, business administration, logistics, engineering, supply chain management from an accredited/recognized educational establishment.
Desirable: Advanced University degree in supply chain management, or supply logistics in humanitarian response operations, or related area. Training or knowledge of information management systems and their application to supply management and monitoring.
Essential: At least 2 years of experience in supply chain management or supply logistics in humanitarian response operations or related area.
Desirable: Related experience with WHO, the UN system, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or international nongovernmental organization work in the field of outbreaks and/or health emergency response.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills with the ability to multitask, deliver results in time critical scenarios, identify and solve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supply chain management, supply operations, and/or procurement.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multicultural, multidisciplinary environment.
- Proven ability to manage diverse team across different functional areas.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences;
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Ukrainian.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 37,537 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How to apply
The link for applications submission: Job Description – Supply Chain Officer (2301137) (who.int)