Position Title: Sr. Administrative and Finance Assistant
Job classification: G-5
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273 per annum net of taxes
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Financial Analyst, the Sr. Administrative and Finance Assistant will be responsible and accountable for providing assistance in the health programme monitoring and administrative-finance (PAF) functions of the Global Migration Health Division (MHD) unit based at the Manila (Global) Administrative Center (MAC).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Financial Monitoring and Reporting
- Produce and enhance monthly, quarterly and annual financial monitoring reports for large global migration health assessment programmes, specifically the Global Health Assessment Projects (GHAPs), Departure Health Checks for Australian Government-Funded Refugees Project, IOM-Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement Project, IOM Radiologic Interpretation & Quality Control Centre Project, Pilot Vaccination and Presumptive Treatment for US-Bound Refugees Project, Interim Federal Health Programme (IFHP) Pre-departure medical services for Canada-bound refugees and other health projects managed by MHD HQ and MAC.
- Conduct and provide in-depth financial performance analysis and transaction review on both revenue and expenses, on a monthly and quarterly basis and ensure that country offices are informed of the findings and necessary actions are undertaken. Keep email threads as support during audit investigation.
- Maintain and update a record of the historical and current financial and caseload trend of the programme; Identify potential problem, and propose corrective measures and reporting enhancements, when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and presentation materials for submission to the Project Manager (PM) and/or the GHAP Budget Review Committee (BRC).
Budget Preparation and Evaluation
- Conduct reviews and analyses of new and supplemental/revised budget requests submitted by IOM missions. Communicate the findings and recommendations and follow up with field offices until action has been taken.
- Consolidate budget requests by collating and encoding data into the established templates.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Budgeting for New Projects (BNP) based on approved budget prior to upload.
- Follow up with offices on the submission of missing BNPs.
Administrative support tasks
- Perform monthly review and billing of invoices, evaluate thoroughly its supporting documents, and scrutinize the eligibility and completeness of the medical claim information.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain Accounts Receivable Aging and Payment Summary Report and reconcile IOM claims and medical cases reimbursed by the donor to be able to identify unpaid and rejected claims for coordination.
- Assist in the project activation procedures and financial closing of global migration health projects.
- Assist in PRIMA structures creation and migration of new and existing projects.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of templates, automating management view reports through dashboards, Budget Submission Package (BSP) analysis, and financial performance indicator generation.
- Assist in the update of standard operating procedures (SOP), work instruction manuals, and other initiatives within the assigned work areas.
- Organize and manage the filing system of the PAF working documents and reports including the maintenance and management of medical claim files.
- Assist internal and external audit queries and investigations. Implement audit recommendations on budget preparation and evaluation as well as financial monitoring and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly salary projectization of MHD GSCS staff in MAC and HQ.
- Provide training support on administrative and financial issues within the assigned work areas.
- Provide recommendations on how to further improve current processes so as to align with IOM policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties that may be assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting, finance, budgeting, or auditing. or
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is an advantage
- Experience in handling accounting systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.), financial management, budgeting, financial planning and cost analysis, and internal control and audit review procedures.
- Experience in invoicing and medical insurance claims processing.
- Experience in Project Management Tool (e.g. PRIMA).
- High level of computer literacy, especially in MS Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with an eye for details.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) is an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 03 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0612022-vn-0612022-sr-administrative-and-finance-assistant-g-5-manila-global
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.