Company: Devops Africa Limited
State: Jobs in Accra
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Ghana J
Job Posting Intro:
If you are a passionate and experienced Software Development Manager who thrives in a collaborative environment and is excited about building innovative web applications, we encourage you to apply. Join us at Devops Africa and be part of a team that is dedicated to delivering exceptional solutions and driving the future of software development.
Devops Africa is actively seeking a highly motivated and skilled Software Development Manager to join our team. This work eligible position offers the opportunity to manage and empower a team of developers in building and improving web applications within our open-source technology environment. As a Software
Development Manager, you will play a vital role in delivering innovative solutions that align with our business objectives.
The Software Development Manager specializes in Developer Management as a manager of people. Developer Managers at Purple Wave see their direct reports as their product – the value they create is healthy and continuously improving team members. While they are technically credible and know the details of what developers work on, their time is spent safeguarding their direct report’s mental health, hiring world-class employees, and helping to put them in the best position to succeed. They must also coordinate across teams to accomplish collaborative goals.
● Manage a team of developers, fostering their growth and skill development.
● Provide guidance and coaching to their direct reports on technical contributions, product architecture, and fostering their growth and skill development.
● Maintain empathy for their direct reports by keeping awareness of development processes and practices. Examples might be: evaluating individual workflow during one on ones, conducting code reviews, or working on non-critical path bugs and/or features.
● Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with your direct reports to provide support, give feedback, and address any concerns.
● Actively participate in talent acquisition efforts, conducting managerial interviews and training your direct reports to conduct technical interviews.
● Foster a culture of psychological safety, where team members feel supported and empowered to share ideas and take risks.
● Drive process improvements to optimize direct reports efficiency and delivery timelines. ● Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions only when necessary ● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive technical excellence and ensure the successful delivery of web applications.
● Implement and improve software development processes and practices to enhance productivity and quality.
● Collaborate with stakeholders to make informed technical decisions and ensure alignment with business goals.
● Undertake additional assigned duties as requested
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
● 5 years or more experience working with full stack web development
● Familiarity with other functional areas of your team
● Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
● Proficiency in collaborating with remote team members, fostering a sense of teamwork and maintaining effective communication across different time zones and geographical locations ● Demonstrate shared values of Trust, Team, Care and Passion, and continued work and growth in accordance with those values
● Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
● Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities
● Candidates may be requested to complete skills assessment testing
● Requires the ability to successfully complete a background check
● Full-time Salaried Exempt, not eligible for overtime
● Office hours are 10am-7pm, Monday through Friday, GMT, additional hours may be required depending on priorities
● This position is full time work.
● The salary is negotiable and varies based on experience and qualifications