- Knowledge of SQL and RESTful API design principles
- Strong skills in software development best practices and continuous integration processes
Be part of the team transforming global travel experiences!
Luxury Escapes is one of the world’s fastest-growing travel websites, with over 6 million members. We are growing rapidly & seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Payments team.
As a Senior Software Engineer specialising in payment systems, you’ll play an integral part in the design, development, and maintenance of our resilient and high-performance payment solutions. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams, conduct in-depth system analysis, and implement innovative solutions to elevate our payment processing capabilities. Your involvement will be critical in broadening our range of payment options, ensuring a diverse array to meet the needs of a wide customer base. Moreover, your skills will be key in fortifying the security of the system and protecting sensitive financial data.
Working at Luxury Escapes
Our mission is to delight our customers with incredible deals for the world’s best holidays. We are a collective of forward-thinking people, driven to challenge the travel industry and ourselves to bring outstanding travel experiences to our customer community.
Our Sydney office is on Kent Street – a short walk from Wynyard station and close to great cafes in Barangaroo.
Luxury Escapes is an in-person company, with 4 days in the office, and 1-day WFH.
About the team
Our cross-functional teams include Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers focused on delivering solutions and solving problems rather than simply completing tickets. The structure is flat, and the process is lean, with a culture of MVP, iteration, and “build, measure, learn” at the heart of everything we do. We share in-depth experience in Node/Typescript, React, PostgreSQL, AWS SQS, SNS, S3 Lambda, and more.
What you’ll do
- Deliver features and enhancements relating to the new Luxury Escapes Platform, to ensure all Luxury Escapes members, vendors and internal teams have the best customer journey experience.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to design and develop software solutions that meet business needs and deliver value to customers.
- Apply best practices and industry standards for software development, such as agile methodologies, test-driven development, and continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD).
- Implement and maintain APIs to enable integration with third-party services, such as airlines, hotels, car rental companies, and payment processors.
- Monitor system performance and reliability, and proactively identify and resolve issues to ensure maximum uptime and customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior software engineers and participate in code reviews & other quality assurance activities to ensure high-quality software delivery.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, specifically PostgreSQL, for database management.
- Familiarity with RESTful API design principles and implementation.
- Experience in automated testing and continuous integration processes.
- Knowledge and experience working with microservices architecture.
What’s in it for you?
We consider our people one of our most important assets – and we want our team to love their working lives! When you work for Luxury Escapes, you can look forward to:
- Excellent Remuneration package
- 20% Discount on Luxury Holidays and Experiences
- Breakfast and lunch are provided 5-days a week
- Health and Well-being programs
- A bonus day of birthday leave
- A super collaborative team that enjoys creating great platforms
If you’re interested in the role but don’t check every box, apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you.
We embrace diversity in our people and make hiring decisions based on your experiences and skills. We do not discriminate based on gender identity, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. You’ll find a collaborative, inclusive, and respectful workplace here at Luxury Escapes, and we are proud to celebrate who you are. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the interview.
We are a 2024 Circle Back Initiative Employer, committing to responding to every applicant.