Job Description Summary
As a Senior Project Manager at GE Digital Grid, you will be responsible for managing and leading software implementation projects & programs for electrical utilities in the APAC region. Qualified candidates will have at least 10-15 years of Project Management experience with minimum 10 years of Project Management experience in customer software implementation projects & programs, preferably in Energy Management or Utilities. In this role you will utilise your experience to successfully deliver GE Software Solutions focusing on high end and complex solutions such as SCADA, ADMS, Derms and Market Management Systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide delivery leadership and responsibility for the implementation of GE Digital Grid software solutions at various customer sites in the APAC region.
- Lead a customer focused project team that will include internal resources, partner companies, or subcontractor to support project execution and to ensure their tasks are completed as required.
- Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources.
- Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
- Support project execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required. Influence peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to a deliver a quality solution within budget and on time.
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations & SoW.
- Track project outcomes realisation and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected and circled back into the organisation as improvement areas.
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting.
- Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software and to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements.
- Uphold all GED administration and compliance requirements in real time.
- Guide and direct project team members to ensure compliance with set standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Actively developing key relationships with leadership stakeholders internally & externally to ensure that projects are run effectively and day to day activities align to business expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years of experience
- At least 10 to12 + years of experience in a project management position with demonstrated experience in the full implementation lifecycle of large scale, complex IT projects
- Strong experience with Agile/Scrum execution. (Certified Scrum Master desirable)
- Experience in the software industry, preferably software services in the Utility and Energy Sector.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships in a geographically dispersed organisation.
- Great verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentations to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Extensive knowledge and solid demonstration of project management processes and methodologies including agile.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and help solve complex business problems and apply project management principles and methodologies in seeking solutions to project problems.
- Outstanding people and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives.
- Strong commercial awareness. Knowledge of contract structure and familiarity with contractual terms and conditions required.
- Proven sound negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Demonstrates a passion for work and for continual learning.
- Creates a team environment where people are motivated, share more, are highly engaged, and ultimately perform better.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard Microsoft Office applications. Experience using PM and project planning software tools (Oracle Primavera P6 Project is desirable.) Knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence is a plus.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote – This is a remote position