We are looking for a responsible HSSE Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. You will manage the implementation of DSV and client HSSE standards on all our work. The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention, so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies. The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures on all our sub-contractors
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Achieve KPI’s set by management.
- DSV supply Code of Conduct is adhered to.
- Other tasks assigned by management
- Certification in occupational health and safety
- Proven experience as safety officer preferably in PROJECT Logistics / Heavy Lift
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topic
- Minimum of 6 years of experience is required
- Diploma in Safety or related field
- NEBOSH IGC
- BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or a relevant field is preferred