VN 2023 014
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Job classification : General Staff
Grade : G-4
Duty station : IOM Philippines
Location : Manila
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Closing date : 18 Apr 2023
Duration of Assignment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary : PhP 540,912.00 per annum net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Resources Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Human Resources Assistant, the successful candidate will provide assistance in carrying out the recruitment, selection and hiring of all personnel based at the IOM Philippines Country Office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support the Recruitment, Selection, and Hiring process of IOM Philippines, in coordination with the Senior HR Assistant:
- Assist Hiring teams in preparing and reviewing the Post Descriptions in coordination with the Senior Human Resources Assistant. Ensure that it is in accordance with the prescribed IOM template.
- Post job vacancies on internal and external channels.
- Assist in reviewing CVs for long/shortlisting in accordance with the IOM Recruitment Standards.
- Coordinate interview schedules with the shortlisted candidates and panelists. Ensure that relevant interview materials are in order (e.g. interview protocols, availability of selection panel, venue, confirmation of the candidates, etc.). Act as panel member as needed.
- Conduct and monitor reference check for final candidates.
- Ensure proper administration of written/online technical exam to the shortlisted candidates.
- Assist in sending out regret letter to unsuccessful candidates.
- Assist in the on-boarding of newly hired staff members (eg. Issuance of contract, endorsement to hiring unit, sending of welcome kit etc., orientation.)
- Act as the focal point for the recruitment of Consultants, On-the-Job Trainees/Interns, and other non-staff such as hourly personnel and UNV, in coordination with the Senior HR Assistant and other units in the Country Office.
- Assist in maintaining the Organization Management (OM) of the Country Office in SAP by ensuring the correct encoding and update of organizational unit, position ID and salary projectization
- Create or designate position ID, salary projectization, and reporting lines for newly hired, transferred, and promoted staff members.
- Monitor the HR Recruitment Mailbox by sorting all applications and providing responses to general inquiries from the candidates (both internal and external).
- Regularly update tracking lists relating to assigned duties, in collaboration with the other HR staff, as applicable.
- Assist in the coordination with the external vendors, universities, headhunters.
- In coordination with the Senior HR Assistant and Resource Management Officer, provide guidance to hiring teams in the proper recruitment process in accordance with the IOM Recruitment Policy and other guidelines.
- Provide support in the preparation of statistical reports and presentations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two (2) years of relevant experience; or
- Completed High school / Secondary school education with four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting an advantage.
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely, and present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- High level of accuracy and ability to work under pressure.
- High level of computer literacy with experience in HR IT systems and applications; working knowledge of SAP an advantage.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include the following:
- Cover letter (not more than one page)
- A résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
- Duly completed IOM Personal History Form To access the form, please visit this link (four pages).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via [email protected] not later than 18 April 2023. Position title and VN Number (VN 2023 014 – Recruitment Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.