In the famous words of Tian Wei, “any society that fails to harness the energy and creativity of its women is at a huge disadvantage in the modern world”. Nigeria today is at a disadvantage due to the vast socioeconomic disparities that stretch within and beyond regional frontiers. These enormous diversities in living conditions and opportunities are of utmost concern. Similar to many developing countries around the world, the story of gender inequality is not new. Nigerian women are amongst the most marginalized and experience barriers in every aspect of our society, with most having little or no access to education, resources and opportunities. The significant gender gaps in education, economic empowerment and political participation in Nigeria are glaring and are cyclical. Discriminatory laws and practices, violence against women and gender stereotypes hinder greater progress towards gender equality.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
About the job
Job overview: Women Impacting Nigeria is looking for a self-led and self-motivated Programs Associate who is an exceptional project manager. S/he will be tasked with coordinating the implementation of projects within our community; ensuring that project outcomes fulfill the organization’s objectives within the required schedule, budget, and scope.
- Ensuring qualitative implementation of projects in line with the program design
- Ensuring effective and efficient project delivery within the time, budget and scope constraints
- Planning and coordination of all projects activities
- Managing the events calendar.
- Development and management of project workplans
- Development and management of budgets
- Coordinating internal team members and managing key stakeholder relations
- Managing project logistics including venue bookings, negotiating quotes and agreements with vendors and suppliers
- Creating project reports
- Collaborating with the marketing and communications team to promote the event, in line with the program objectives
- Enhancing customers’ loyalty through excellent project execution with a lasting impression on the target audience.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Project managemnet or a relevant certification
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management tools including trello, asana, notion, slack, monday.com or any agile project management tool
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be an excellent spokesperson with the ability to network, and promote events
- Teambuilding skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of the development space
- Exceptional planning skills, with meticulousness
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Women Impacting Nigeria(WIN) on www.linkedin.com to apply