Agaji Global Unity Foundation (AGUF) is an impartial, neutral, and independent Non-Governmental Organization whose mission exclusively established to promote life in underserved communities through empowering communities to know and protect lives including their environment towards ensuring safe habitation through participatory methodology. AGUF was established in 2008 but was incorporated in the year 2013 with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). AGUF exists to partner with government and relevant agencies to promote and strengthen humanitarian law and a universal principle that seeks to honor the dignity of mankind with support and believe that Life is worth living and living well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Duration: 12 months
Job Field: Project Management
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer responsibilities includes designing, coordinating and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation of the Project.
- The officer supports the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit in implementing the M&E strategy to periodically measure and report the project performance, results and impacts of the project.
- The officer will provide day-to-day management of monitoring & evaluation activities, working with AGUF staff, external consultants, key stakeholders, donor, and volunteers involved in the project reporting process. He/She reports to Project Manager.
- Develop standardized monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Always work with project team for accurate and reliable data collection including its storage, validation, analysis, and timely reporting.
- Support in the analysis of data process for assessments conducted.
- Develop and collate regular updates, reports.
- Lead in the overall documentation and improved learning process for the organization
- Develop and regularly review M&E plans as necessary to ensure consistency and standard data collection and in accordance with project goals and objectives.
- Always provide updated information to program managers on progress, challenges on programmatic issues.
- Answer the record the complaints/feedback applying the template/s prepared for the purpose
- Regularly update herself/himself with AGUF projects to understand the areas of thematic and geographic areas of operation
- Summarize the information and report to the concerned body.
- Share relevant information that can be used in the new projects’ designs.
- Whenever needed, clarify the questions reported to the Complain/Feedback Analysis Committee
- Make preliminary analysis and share the summary to the respective sector concerned staff (following the Community Complain Mechanism)
- Systematically and securely document the reports
- Ensure the field team and volunteers acts in line with AGUF internal policies, more specifically Code of conduct.
- Participate on relevant evaluations and needs assessments.
- Understand and use the M&E Framework to collect relevant information on project implementation.
- Ensure regular data collection and transfer supporting documentation about implemented activities and results to the Program Manager.
- Submit progress reports on a weekly basis.
- Monitor gaps and humanitarian needs of targeted population and update the Program manager regularly.
- Undertake any other task related to the health as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and any other related Social Sciences discipline.
- 2 – 3 years in a similar post with NGO
- Language skills: Fluent verbal / written English and Hausa language.
Experience & technical skills:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Adherance to AGUF Principles
- Excellent stress management Ability to manage conflict and reach and build consensus.
- Constructive and pro-active communication with a wide variety of actors and stakeholders.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- We provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment, and we are looking to fill these roles as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.