Under the direct supervision of Head of Research, Assessment, and Monitoring (RAM), and overall supervision of Deputy Country Director, the Head of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) will lead the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Strategies and Plans aligned to WFP corporate standards to generate quality evidence on the lives of beneficiaries to inform policy, strategy, programme design and implementation in Bangladesh. The incumbent will also serve as Deputy Head of RAM unit to support VAM, KIM functions as needed. The role includes coordinating monitoring activities, managing decentralized evaluations, and thematic/mid-term reviews and supporting the positioning WFP as a reliable partner to build monitoring and evaluation strategies with key stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities: (Not all-inclusive)
- Lead the development and implementation of the country office Monitoring and Evaluation strategies and plans. At programme and CSP design stage, facilitate the development of Theories of Change outlining how the expected results are likely to occur and listing key assumptions and risks.
- Ensure M&E approaches are incorporated in CSP and programme documents, to provide the most relevant and strategic information to manage progress towards achieving expected results in compliance with WFP evaluation and monitoring requirements.
- Lead the design and review of the Country Office logframe as per corporate business rules and ensure logframe creation in Country Office Monitoring and Evaluation Tool (COMET).
- Design the Country office Monitoring, Review and Evaluation plan, ensuring it provides the most relevant information to measure change and is in line with corporate requirements. Ensure that CO monitoring systems and tools are in place and compliant with corporate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and establish baselines and targets according to the corporate requirements.
- In cooperation with the programme teams, ensure the VAM, Monitoring and Evaluation Planning and Budgeting tool is prepared and updated, containing all M&E activities for the CSP duration.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E in national government and interagency frameworks, including United Nations Strategic
- Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) and the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP), aligned with nationally owned sustainable development goals.
- Contribute to integration of gender, equity, disability, protection, human rights, and other inclusion issues as appropriate in all M&E work.
- Ensure inputs to corporate reports including Annual Country Reports (ACRs) and the Annual Evaluation Report (AER) and open platforms such as WFP global hunger monitoring system and UN Info.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Manage and/or support decentralized evaluations to high professional standards in line with WFP Evaluation Policy and Decentralized Evaluation Quality Assurance System (DEQAS).
- Strengthen the CFM system through ensuring implementation of corporate tools and systems such as issue trackers, timely monitor recording, instituting follow- up actions and closure of beneficiary feedbacks and complaints.
How to apply
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via this link.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.