Austin Health is the major provider of tertiary health services, health professional education and research across three campuses in the north-east of Melbourne and state-wide. We have a highly engaged, diverse and collaborative workforce that is unified by our purpose, which is to help people live healthy and fulfilled lives.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Pre-Analytical Support Officer to join our Pre-Analytical Support department.
About this role
- Position: Pre-Analytical Support Officer
- Hours: 16 hours per week
- Employment Status: Fixed Part Time until 30th September 2024
- Appointment Period: March/April 2024
This position reports directly to the Pre-Analytical Support Supervisor with varied responsibilities including the following:
- To provide support, information to patients on matters relating to anticoagulation.
- Accurately record all patient information and test information into the LIS and Databases.
- Ensure excellent quality and timeliness of Pre-Analytical processes
- Monitoring and maintaining operational performance through KPI reporting
- Provide support and solutions to the pathology operation in pre and post analytical areas
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal clients
- Extract, analyse and interpret data reports
To be successful for this role you must demonstrate:
- INR Warfarin experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a pathology laboratory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change with exceptional organisation skills
- Experience with laboratory information systems and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite and data base queries
- Working knowledge and compliance to NATA and NPAAC standards
- Demonstrated experience in complaint resolution
Please refer to the position description for further information about the role and required knowledge and skills.
Working at Austin Health means enjoying a strong sense of purpose, engaging in meaningful work every day. Our people also receive a variety of rewarding benefits, including:
- $11,660 in salary packaging benefits, for living expenses, meals and holiday accommodation
- A suite of wellness initiatives designed to support you, including discounted fitness memberships and special offers on health insurance, and a comprehensive wellbeing program
- Mentoring, learning and career development opportunities
- Onsite childcare, easy access via public transport, discounted car parking and end of journey facilities for cyclists
Inclusion at Austin
We celebrate, value and include people of all backgrounds, genders, identities, cultures, bodies and abilities. We welcome and support applications from anyone identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, physically or culturally diverse, LGBTQIA+, and people of any age.
Work with us!
If you feel this role is right for you, we encourage your early application. All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required, a Working with Children Check. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process, you are welcome to reach out to the hiring manager.